Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I seriously doubt DAN will cover a pandemic.
Speaking of DAN Dive insurance, no way. Some of their dive insurance plans have small amounts of coverage for non-diving accidents on trips, but nothing for non-accident incidents. None.

DAN is a membership-driven organization to an extent so they offer some other insurance plans as requested by members. Those were shopped around the industry, and I've never been impressed with any of them. Their Trip insurance plans covered illnesses, but they have stopped offering those. There are good trip insurance plans available elsewhere. Travel Safe covers Covid infections, but you'd want to confirm that yourself.

No, but I am new to Texas. I've only been here since 1981. :D
The changes started around then. Bank tellers had to be physically very close or connected to their banks, many had tunnels that connected to the main building, and there were no branch banks. There was a lot of insurance problems too as original state laws made it easy for Texas corporations to encourage insurance companies to develop in the 19th century, difficult for Yankee companies to come in, and those laws were slow to change.

I called them a few days ago and they said they are not. I ended up getting DiveAssure.
The company that claims primary coverage but if you read the fine print, they are not. Does your plan even cover non-accidental incidents?

Get a travel insurance policy that covers dive accidents.
You'll get better, i.e. more, coverage for less.

I only paid $111/yr for 7/2020-7/2021 DAN dive accident premium and they have been good to me. When I fell off a stair case in a liveaboard, broke my knee cap, and had to fly home with my leg straight (which is only possible if you’re in business class seat), DAN reimbursed the $5,000 one way business class seat from Jakarta to Houston.

I used to have DAN travel insurance too. When I caught a flu in Palau & passed out in the plane on the way to Honolulu, the Honolulu airport EMS took me to hospital and I was treated there until I was safe to continue my travel home. My health insurance paid the medical bills and DAN reimbursed my deductible medical expense. So, basically nothing went out of my pocket.

I want to continue with DAN travel insurance for 2020-2021 period, but when I called them about their COVID-19 coverage, they said they don’t cover it. That’s why I went with DiveAssure.

I’m talking about travel insurance. My dive accident insurance is still with DAN.
Ok, thanks. It's good to differentiate in insurance discussions.

1) 12am - 5am curfew
2) Most everything at 50-60%, restaurants and diving at 60%
3) Our grocery stores have never been low on anything - I don't understand how that happens up North
4) Taxis operate according to curfew - curfew is loosely enforced also, just nothing open
5) Mask and distancing everywhere but common sense added in there. Sitting at dinner, on your beach chair - you're fine.
6) Ferries - only one company per day is running, I think they are up to 7 crossings a day right now, check their Facebook pages for accurate schedules.
7) Bar only places aren't open - they have to serve food too which most all do anyways

I guess in thinking about it, Cozumel today is very similar to Cozumel 12 months ago. Cruise ships aren't here and the number of overnite visitors is a little lower than normal. The restrictions today really have no bearing on what you're doing, I haven't heard of anyone waiting on tables for dinner but maybe that happens.... You can't just walk up and get on a ferry, that's probably the biggest change right now. The mask wearing is really not a big deal and you almost don't notice it.
Thanks Chuck, this is exactly what I am looking for.

Hello everyone.
So I'm currently sick with Covid (On my way out fingers crossed), and the only thing that's keeping me going is the thought of the dive trip I have planned with the husband in Cozumel in December. We haven't booked anything yet, since we already had our flights canceled in April. I plan on staying and diving with Blue Angel, assuming they will have vacancy.
I am a bit concerned about the situation in Mexico. Lets say we need the hospital for some reason - I am worried that the system is overwhelmed.
Just wanted to hear your point of view,
Cheers.
If you have COVID, you'll need some recovery time and may still be contagious if you decide to travel even though you feel better.

Hello everyone.
So I'm currently sick with Covid (On my way out fingers crossed), and the only thing that's keeping me going is the thought of the dive trip I have planned with the husband in Cozumel in December. We haven't booked anything yet, since we already had our flights canceled in April. I plan on staying and diving with Blue Angel, assuming they will have vacancy.
I am a bit concerned about the situation in Mexico. Lets say we need the hospital for some reason - I am worried that the system is overwhelmed.
Just wanted to hear your point of view,
Cheers.

Hi, how are you feeling?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom