Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm on my way and plan to spend a chitload of dough.

. Young Americans (20-30 year olds) are not wearing masks at all.
They just don't get it unless they get it. The words "young and stupid" fall ever so trippingly off the tongue. Here in the US the young and stupid get a lot of the credit for the lack of control we have over the spread of COVID-19.

Haven't posted this in awhile. We have good days and some not so good days the last week or so - Cozumel has posted 42 new cases in the last seven days which isn't good...

117252051_2795857673969109_6599678750012996921_n.jpg

Young Americans (20-30 year olds) are not wearing masks at all. When I challenge them, they all say "I don't need to wear a mask."
Punks!

Water temp 86 degrees F

Haven't posted this in awhile. We have good days and some not so good days the last week or so - Cozumel has posted 42 new cases in the last seven days which isn't good...

View attachment 603056

Is there any data on the percentage of people that are testing positive? Or is there not enough testing for that?

This is the kind of thing those old explorers would have gotten mad at people about.
I wonder how non-wearers were treated in 1918? We've been here before, but no one living remembers the details.

Is there any data on the percentage of people that are testing positive? Or is there not enough testing for that?
Insufficient testing the the US and hardly any in Mexico where they just try to get a vague idea.

Not certain if you are referring to positivity rate , but I calculated the rate for the state of Q Roo as about 64 percent over the past week. They had 799 new positives week over week and 448 new negatives. Mexico generally has some of the highest positivity rates in the world because you almost need to have COVID tattooed on your forehead in order to get a test at a public hospital.

Case counts a week ago (You can see total positives as 7692 and total negatives as 5073 since start of virus )
[Twitter]

Case counts today (Total positives as 8491 and total negatives as 5521). Week on week that means 799 new positives and 448 new negative )

[Twitter]

I wonder how non-wearers were treated in 1918? We've been here before, but no one living remembers the details.

The 1918 mask situation was, in many ways, exactly the same as it is today. Old newspaper articles look like they could have been written yesterday.

Attachments

• ES2NA0wXgAMF-jZ.jpg
    ES2NA0wXgAMF-jZ.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 57
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom