Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

your used masks, which should be disposed as a bio-hazard.
I spray the inside of mine with 70% alcohol, then let it sit in a numbered paper sack for a week knowing that the virus cannot last more than a few days without a host. At 57¢, no - 50¢ each, I could trash them, but that seems wasteful.

A mask filters. As a filter the contminant is on the filter surface and in the filter.

The strings should be relatively clean unless someone coughed in you ear.

Have you ever noticed dust in your house? If there are droplets in the air they will settle on all surfaces.

Gloves maintain a barrier from you and any possible germ. The key is to not touch your face and toss and replace often.
Gloves help people to not touch their faces. You forget to not touch your face more when not wearing gloves. If you wash your hands regularly, the skin on your hands can crack which creates a point of entry for the virus.

Gloves help people to not touch their faces. You forget to not touch your face more when not wearing gloves. If you wash your hands regularly, the skin on your hands can crack which creates a point of entry for the virus.
I disagree with that - gloves can give a false sense of protection for this virus when they really do nothing to prevent the actual mode of transmission. It’s much better to train yourself to frequently wash or use hand sanitizer and not touch your face.

I see the way many people remove gloves and, if they don’t sanitize or wash their hands afterwards, they are worse off!

That said, it it makes folks feel better and they understand the limitations and safe use of gloves, then no real harm in wearing them.

Big jump in reported cases today. Up 17 from 141 to 158. This is biggest jump I can recall, though as many have said these numbers only represent a fraction of total cases due to lack of testing and other issues.

On a brighter note , hospital occupancy down from 64 percent to 57 percent day over day

[Twitter]

I definitely understand that asymptomatic people can still spread the virus and that their immune system response will be different than those with symptoms. I don't understand why an asymptomatic individual would have serious lung damage, without knowing that something was wrong. It just doesn't make sense.

I know it doesn't but it's the way the lungs are attacked along with the potential for creating embolisms.

Back
Top Bottom