Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your rebuttal is false on all three counts and I'll be glad towhip out references and links if we want to go at it.
Obviously we disagree and remember it differently. I will leave it at that.

Masks are one thing, but gloves too would be preferable as well under the above delivery...
I don't see how gloves could do much. I haven't heard of the virus exuding from the skin, and it seems to me that gloves could be contaminated externally just as easily as bare hands.

Obviously we disagree and remember it differently. I will leave it at that.

ReefHound has absolutely no need to take his rebuttal to the Pub as he was responding to a post on this thread. His rebuttal was not false in any way and your remembrance of very recent history is flawed.

ggunn, Do you not remember when the CDC, Fauci himself, and the general media told everyone that wearing a mask was ineffective and provided no additional level of protection? I do. Even Fauci during recent questioning danced around his previous comments and basically admitted that it was misinformation fed to the public so they wouldn't buy masks that could protect them so the supply for health care workers would be higher. So, what we were told was a blatant lie regardless if it was told for the benefit of 1st responders and the medical community. Period. That orchestrated disinformation and lie is one of the reasons we have the problems we have today. Had they been honest with the public at the beginning, I sense many wouldn't have the level of disregard for the new protocols and best practices that are now being preached to us as they don't believe these either now. What's that saying? "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me"?

We are in this mess because it was mishandled from the very beginning... By the CDC, certainly by the WHO, and even by the most trusted such as Fauci who "was" highly regarded before we all now know he lied to all of us.

Obviously, today, wear a friggin' mask everywhere, practice social distancing and steer clear of large groups and ignorant people who are confused by this history of lies, can't think for themselves, and don't know what to believe.

I don't see how gloves could do much. I haven't heard of the virus exuding from the skin, and it seems to me that gloves could be contaminated externally just as easily as bare hands.
Gloves maintain a barrier from you and any possible germ. The key is to not touch your face and toss and replace often.

gloves could be contaminated externally just as easily as bare hands.
Yep, wash hands often and change gloves often to be effective. I think that most non-medical glove wearers are failing by wearing them for hours out in public. I keep doggy-poop bags in the car for doors with pull handles, use them once, then trashed.

Governor Carlos announced that Southern part of the state remains red, northern part (including Cozumel) remains orange - no changes for the up coming week. Hospital occupancy rate here in Cozumel is still high, 57% as of today with Playa and Cancun in the high 30's - hopefully we have a good week and maybe slide back a little bit. I'm pretty sure I seen hotels are about 20% occupied (the open ones), people are moving around, more dive boats are out - touristy shops are slowly opening - far from normal but it's something.

They have gone back to the road checks for masks and number of people in cars and this new yellow hat brigade is out reminding folks to maintain distance and wear masks.

My wife and son went back to the states so I think I'm going back to the hermit lifestyle, occasional drive around and dive once a week, see how things go....

Yep, wash hands often and change gloves often to be effective. I think that most non-medical glove wearers are failing by wearing them for hours out in public. I keep doggy-poop bags in the car for doors with pull handles, use them once, then trashed.

Why not just wash your hands while wearing the gloves?

Gloves maintain a barrier from you and any possible germ. The key is to not touch your face and toss and replace often.

I think he was referring to gloves worn by delivery drivers to protect the customer. Gloves are a barrier for the wearer but spread virus by contact with surfaces the same as bare hands. They protect others only in the short period between putting them on new and touching a contaminated surface.

Why not just wash your hands while wearing the gloves?
That might work, but there are no handwashing stations at stores. Some are good at dispensing hand sanitizer while we guess if it's a safe and effective product, but some are getting lazy about that. I avoid pull handles on doors, use doggy-poop bags when I have to, then follow up with hand sanitizing. Mostly I stay home, but I have to get out some. I shop for my brother's home of three and deliver their Sunday paper to make their stricter isolation a little easier. I have no reason to believe I'd survive the virus, but I'm better off than them.

ReefHound has absolutely no need to take his rebuttal to the Pub as he was responding to a post on this thread. His rebuttal was not false in any way and your remembrance of very recent history is flawed.
I retract nothing. We agree that the handling of the pandemic by the US has been shamefully and dangerously deficient as evidenced by the comparison of its progression in other countries. The blame for that is, IMO, not with the WHO, the CDC, and Fauci, but elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom