Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes no matter the dive briefing or who the DM is, divers just wander off and do what they want - hard to control the divers that don't want to be controlled - except for Liang, they always listen to Liang - something about the way she points at you, cocks her head and grits her teeth.......

Gloves maintain a barrier from you and any possible germ. The key is to not touch your face and toss and replace often.
From what I understand about the mechanisms of spread for this virus, gloves are pretty much meaningless for COVID prevention. I have not seen it documented anywhere that this virus can enter the body through the skin or cuts in the skin - so how would wearing gloves help? I just keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer with me when I venture out to sanitize my hands as frequently as needed and make sure I don't touch my face - in which case gloves are no different than bare hands anyhow. Once I get home I thoroughly wash my hands outside. As far as I can tell, all that gloves are doing for the average person is contributing to the pile of waste we all create.

Gloves, masks, eye protection are effective for the wearer olny Handel them and use them properly.

Put on clean mask and adjust. Once on, consider the exterior of the mask contaminated. Touching anypart of the mask but the strings and you contaminated your hands.
Put that mask in your pocket and you contaminated your pocket, your hand and the inside of the mask. Once I remove my mask and let them sit for 3days before reuse and I clean my hands and put on a clean mask(one that sat).

Gloves. double glove. Outside glove is contaminated, remove properly and dispose. Put on clean second glove. Useful only where soap and water or hand Sanitizer is not available.

Eyewear is useful to help remind you not to touch your eyes and stops large droplets.

Now even you wearing a contaminated mask is going to protect me. That was some of the discussion on wearing a mask back in March. A mask will not protect most people because they cannot.wear and use them properly to stop them from getting inflected. But even inproper handling of a mask (contaminated) will still stop you from spreading. That is where the shift in mask use came from, besides people hoarding N95 masks and the shortage.

I only go out a few times a week, so my 5 masks are in rotation. I have fresh new ones in glove box if necessary. I found some KN95 I really like and fit me great (holds water, no leaks..). I don't try to get real N95 since Health care needs them.

gloves...OK. I put them on when entering the airport...I take my seat on the plane and I sanitize the area with alcohol wipes, then I discard the gloves and wipes. There are hundreds of reason why and when to wear gloves. As a first responder, i have always kept a few sets in my daily messenger bag for the past decade and then some.

Its obvious that one should not touch their face/eyes with or without gloves until your sure your hands are germ free (as best as possible).

Put on clean mask and adjust. Once on, consider the exterior of the mask contaminated. Touching anypart of the mask but the strings and you contaminated your hands.

Are the strings coated with some kind of anti-viral compound?

Touching the mask only contaminates your hands if the mask was contaminated. If the mask was contaminated (suspended droplets) then every part of you is contaminated - your clothes, hair, exposed skin, etc.

Touching the mask only contaminates your hands if the mask was contaminated. If the mask was contaminated (suspended droplets) then every part of you is contaminated - your clothes, hair, exposed skin, etc.
What part of using hand sanitizer do you not understand? And often..use sanitizer and then place a fresh mask on...if your using the same mask and less than 99% sanitizer, you may as well do nothing at all which is what I believe you may be doing?

What part of using hand sanitizer do you not understand? And often..use sanitizer and then place a fresh mask on...if your using the same mask and less than 99% sanitizer, you may as well do nothing at all which is what I believe you may be doing?

I understand every part of it. If you use hand sanitizer immediately after removing mask then it doesn't matter how you take off the mask. And this "may as well do nothing" is just retarded. Perfection or bust!

I retract nothing. We agree that the handling of the pandemic by the US has been shamefully and dangerously deficient as evidenced by the comparison of its progression in other countries. The blame for that is, IMO, not with the WHO, the CDC, and Fauci, but elsewhere.
Yep, and the problem continues. One medical source has suggested that we could control this virus in a month or two if everyone wore masks, but too many leaders are not leading in support of that. I saw KN95 masks for like 57¢ from a reputable US seller on ebay today.

Sometimes no matter the dive briefing or who the DM is, divers just wander off and do what they want - hard to control the divers that don't want to be controlled - except for Liang, they always listen to Liang - something about the way she points at you, cocks her head and grits her teeth.......
I'm lost. Who and what...??

A mask filters. As a filter the contminant is on the filter surface and in the filter.

The strings should be relatively clean unless someone coughed in you ear.

A mask filters. As a filter the contminant is on the filter surface and in the filter.

The strings should be relatively clean unless someone coughed in you ear.
The mask is mostly effective for avoiding that YOUR droplets contaminate others. So you should think that what really matters is that no one enters in contact with your used masks, which should be disposed as a bio-hazard.
And of course the great risk for you is touching the mask used by someone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom