Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Isn't this thread supposed to be simply an update on the current COVID 19 status/changes in the Cozumel area? It's getting progressively hard to read and keep up with all of the additional political/social/cultural ramblings attached to it. Flame me if you feel necessary but the mods should move any of the off-topic BS to another separate thread. Just my $0.02 being a physician AND a fellow diver.

Isn't this thread supposed to be simply an update on the current COVID 19 status/changes in the Cozumel area? It's getting progressively hard to read and keep up with all of the additional political/social/cultural ramblings attached to it. Flame me if you feel necessary but the mods should move any of the off-topic BS to another separate thread. Just my $0.02 being a physician AND a fellow diver.

agreed. i will admit that i have participated in the tangential aspects of this thread, though. i'm still curious if anyone has tracked / is tracking the effects of opening tourism to Q. Roo on the number of Covid-19 cases. Have there been any confirmed cases of tourist generated illness?

@jchance - I'm with you, I used to love reading Scubaboard topics as my morning routine but it has become political/social/cultural bickering contest regardless of what the topic is suppose to be.

No, mainly because I cited the virgin soil effect a page ago. It’s certainly possible that asians may be less susceptible to a strain of anything, but unlikely anything relatively new in this day and age of global travel. I would also say that there are enough individuals of Asian origin in North America to explore your hypothesis. I.E. if infection rates were clearly lower in the Asian population due to their genetic heritage, but I haven’t see that data... I’d be interested though.
Post 658

No wanting to add fuel to a fire, but a recent friend suspected of COVID 19 was tested by a blood test at a respected clinic in Cozumel. They were told it was negative and not to worry!

Dave Dillehay
Still Villa Aldora

No wanting to add fuel to a fire, but a recent friend suspected of COVID 19 was tested by a blood test at a respected clinic in Cozumel. They were told it was negative and not to worry!

Dave Dillehay
Still Villa Aldora
Hi Dave, I've never met you, but we stayed in one of your villas first week in June. A beautiful place. Only snuck out snorkeling on evening and played with an octopus right in front.

This is from today, they update the state color codes on Thursdays.

107093590_2769718933249650_1608479488073576282_n.jpg

Have noticed hospital utilization on Cozumel has climbed a lot. Still only 49 percent , but was only 21 percent a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if this is even Covid related , could be result of some delayed elective surgeries and more scooter accidents with people driving more

Texas reported 10,000 new cases today. I’m really surprised that they haven’t cut off flights from Dallas yet. American is really irresponsible selling middle seats and selling flights to capacity as of July 1st. This will unfortunately bring more cases to Coz.

I’m really surprised that they haven’t cut off flights from Dallas yet.
Or Houston with its two international airports as well. I keep planning trips, then canceling. My next trip isn't until mid-August to Cozumel, but I have it in my target sights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom