Cozumel Airport forbidden items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm glad my wife is as frugal as I am. Incredible. CHANEL - SUBLIMAGE LA CRÈME ULTIMATE SKIN REGENERATION

I was going to point out La Mer, which a lot of my patients in TX used to get at Needless Markup. 1 ounce is $170. There's also Cle de Beaute, $795 for 1.7 ounce.

I sort of wish my wife used stuff like that so she would have no basis to complain about my expensive toys and hobbies. At least she's just as bad about diving and dive gear as I am.

However, the main point is that everyone on earth knows by now that liquids and goops in airplanes cause instant death to everyone aboard, so travelling with very expensive such potions that are anywhere near the volume cutoff is risking trouble.

I bet my $80 moisturizer works just as well :D

I can absolutely guarantee you that's true, assuming the user is blind to price and assuming that what's being measured is actually "moisturization" and not scent or packaging.

I have been to Coz twenty times now. I've seen MX screeners at the airport confiscate all types of batteries, installed or not, including very expensive dive light and laptop batteries. It just depends on the screener and what day it is.
I was there in May, and brought my drone and three batteries with me. I am very concerned about a fire in the hold of the aircraft where nothing can be done about it. I puchased lipo safe bags for each battery, and carried them on the plane on the way down, which is correct according to TSA. On the way back, I held my breath and packed them in my carry on after I drained them to 20 percent. Arriving in ATL, I got them out and put them back on my carry on.
I have seen dive lights melt through plastic in a dive store I used to work in. I worry that a light without a lock might accidentally turn on and ignite a fire in the cargo hold packed in someone's gear. The American TSA rules are well thought out to prevent this. Mexican, not so much. Just my two cents worth.

I have been to Coz twenty times now. I've seen MX screeners at the airport confiscate all types of batteries, installed or not, including very expensive dive light and laptop batteries. It just depends on the screener and what day it is.
I was there in May, and brought my drone and three batteries with me. I am very concerned about a fire in the hold of the aircraft where nothing can be done about it. I puchased lipo safe bags for each battery, and carried them on the plane on the way down, which is correct according to TSA. On the way back, I held my breath and packed them in my carry on after I drained them to 20 percent. Arriving in ATL, I got them out and put them back on my carry on.
I have seen dive lights melt through plastic in a dive store I used to work in. I worry that a light without a lock might accidentally turn on and ignite a fire in the cargo hold packed in someone's gear. The American TSA rules are well thought out to prevent this. Mexican, not so much. Just my two cents worth.
I have several dive lights. All of them use regular alkaline batteries, from AAA to D size. I take lots of batteries still in their packaging down in my carry on. The lights travel in my checked bag both ways, unloaded. I don't bring any of the batteries back; I give the leftovers to the dive shop.

Last edited:
OK -

I use a top of the line moisturizer and am familiar with what is out there - never in my life have known ANY moisturizer to be $400 - The really high end ones are usually $60 - $100 for a 5-6oz jar and lasts anywhere from 3 - 6 months - but that's really beside the point

Again if you're saying it was $400 - it was more than the allowable 3oz - there's no way it was a trial size of 3oz or less - just sayin

Believe me their are moisturizers that are over $1000. Just go to neimanmarcus.com. This is what was taken from her:
Sisleÿa L'Integral Anti-Age Extra-Rich Cream, 1.6 oz.
$525.00
Now you know why she is ex wife. lol

Believe me their are moisturizers that are over $1000. Just go to neimanmarcus.com. This is what was taken from her:
Sisleÿa L'Integral Anti-Age Extra-Rich Cream, 1.6 oz.
$525.00
Now you know why she is ex wife. lol

Wow, my girlfriend has some stuff that sounds a lot like that. I'm sure glad we keep our financial stuff separate.

Received an email from Sun Country on the 19th containing this:

"Effective July 20, 2017, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) are requiring additional security measures on flights from international destinations into the U.S., including heightened screening of any portable electronic device (PED) larger than a cell phone. Travelers are still allowed to bring electronic devices such as tablets and laptops onboard, however additional screenings will take place on a random basis"

At the gate while boarding, gate agents were pulling people aside and looking over their electronics, even their phones. It didn't look like they had any idea what they were doing. When I got to the gate I was asked if I had anything that needed to be inspected, I just said no and got on the plane. I guess it is the airlines that are going to be responsible for this extra screening.

My wife had her blunt crochet hooks taken when we left Cozumel yesterday. But then she is a pretty dangerous grandma!

My wife had her blunt crochet hooks taken when we left Cozumel yesterday. But then she is a pretty dangerous grandma!

Were you arriving or leaving?

If you were leaving that was probably due to the recent wave of scuba divers hijacking the planes from CZM and forcing them to fly to Bonaire.

But seriously, does anyone know why the security has been heightened at CZM?

Were you arriving or leaving?

If you were leaving that was probably due to the recent wave of scuba divers hijacking the planes from CZM and forcing them to fly to Bonaire.

But seriously, does anyone know why the security has been heightened at CZM?

It is not "Cozumel" - it is for all international flights entering the USA - "Effective July 20, 2017, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) are requiring additional security measures on flights from international destinations into the U.S., including heightened screening of any portable electronic device (PED) larger than a cell phone. Travelers are still allowed to bring electronic devices such as tablets and laptops onboard, however additional screenings will take place on a random basis"

I think this is the second phase of moving towards a total ban of electronics in aircraft cabins for international flights ENTERING the US. Laptops, notepads, Kindles and even the larger 'note' style phones haven't been allowed when flying from the middle east or on a middle eastern airline for a few months now. I heard the ban will start in Europe soon, if it hasn't already.
The word from my friends in the airline industry is they're gearing up for a complete ban on all flights entering the US. Time to either let go of the laptop or find a better packing system...My husband's laptop screen was busted up from a trip in his checked luggage. I chose to check my laptop and Kindle at the gate, TOTAL PIA. Plane left 45 minutes late as almost every single passenger (250+) had electronics.... Once we landed it was another hour standing in line to pick them up.

Back
Top Bottom