Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hold on. Is that correct? My understanding is that I, as a fully vaxxed person, am only slightly less likely for the virus to gain a sufficient foothold for me to test positive than an unvaccinated person--the likelihood depends more on the quantity of virus I am exposed to--although I am much less likely to get "sick" than an unvaccinated person.

@drrich2 ?
Latest stats I have seen are vaccinated 8 times less likely for infection and 25 times less likely for hospitalization or death.

Yes, that termanology bothered me as well, I called and they told me it was covered, the term may is subject to all of the other disclaimers. Steve with DAN Trip insurance 800-446-2671 X 1339 was very helpful.
I have sent them a copy of one of my free test results and they said that that test was acceptable .

Lastest stats I have seen are vaccinated 8 times less likely for infection and 25 times less likely for hospitalization or death.
Thanks. Both you and @drrich2 seem to stay on top of this stuff. :)

Covid Update
============
Once again, as of 10 Nov, the daily new infections and number of active infections are rising.
1636566405010.png

The Public Health says the source of most of the infections is known, that they are almost all within the resident population, and mostly in the 20-60 year-old group. The BES Reporter says this latest outbreak is among teachers, children, and their parents.

No new restrictions are being put into place, except for an experimental program running Nov 15 to Jan 15 to try and control "high-risk events" over the holidays, meaning gatherings with 100 to 250 people. Such events must be permitted in advance, end by midnight, and require a vaccination QR code as an admission ticket, or a negative antigen test within 24h before the event. The QR code is available to citizens of Bonaire and those with a sédula (residency permit). The QR code can also be shown using the CoronaCheck app, which is based in the Netherlands and for Dutch citizens.

Vaccinations are still increasing, slowly. As of today, Nov 10, 15,972 adults (18+ years old) have received at least one shot, 14,090 have received two. 697 12-18 year-olds have gotten at least one shot, 818 two shots. The original target was 85% vaccination; that has almost been achieved.
1636568109638.png

Thanks for your update @tursiops

My wife and I were on Bonaire Oct 20-Nov 3. We were told by multiple people that some of the recent Oct cases were from a student trip to the Dominican Republic, consistent with the BES Reporter story of cases among teachers, children, and their parents.

Masking was not common, seemingly more energy and signage was directed toward hand disinfection and distancing. The grocery store was our only indoor exposure to people, some wore masks, we did.

Where do most people go to get their PCR test done prior to leaving the US? My local pharmacies are free, but have a 1-2 day turn-around that does not guarantee my results will be back before a 6am Saturday flight.

Where do most people go to get their PCR test done prior to leaving the US? My local pharmacies are free, but have a 1-2 day turn-around that does not guarantee my results will be back before a 6am Saturday flight.
Try ID-NOW from Walgreens. A few hour turn-around.

Update
===========
Not looking any better, in fact, slightly worse. Nov 23 report shows infections are still climbing. Gov reports say much of this is in the schools and daycare centers, where there is little or no vaccination going on.
1637706042248.png

The vaccination rates in the adult and 12-17 year-old population are still growing slowly.
1637706233564.png

No changes at this time in testing policies for entry to Bonaire. The summary of requirements is here. Note that the US is currently High Risk and Canada is currently Low Risk. That means fully-vaccinated Canadians do NOT need any pre-flight covid testing to get into Bonaire.
1637706681459.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom