Covid surging in Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just went to my Walgreens and it was a rapid test and I had the results in 40 min but I was thinking that is a Antigen test. I didn't think Bonaire will accept a rapid test that is a antigen test??

I just went to my Walgreens and it was a rapid test and I had the results in 40 min but I was thinking that is a Antigen test. I didn't think Bonaire will accept a rapid test that is a antigen test??
What does it say on your test? Both antigen and ID NOW are rapid....
No, Bonaire will not accept an antigen test.

The test says: Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAAT) Then it says: Tested for Sars-Cov-2 It does not say Antigen on it but I asked the lady before I got the test and she said its a antigen test but if you want a PCR test, its 2 to 3 days to get the results. So I flew to Aruba with this test and they excepted it. So I was curious if Bonaire will except it because my friends are coming in Jan. Thanks for your help.

The test says: Rapid Diagnostic Test (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test NAAT) Then it says: Tested for Sars-Cov-2 It does not say Antigen on it but I asked the lady before I got the test and she said its a antigen test but if you want a PCR test, its 2 to 3 days to get the results. So I flew to Aruba with this test and they excepted it. So I was curious if Bonaire will except it because my friends are coming in Jan. Thanks for your help.
She is wrong. It is not an antigen test. It is a NAAT test, and is perfectly acceptable to Bonaire.
Go with what it says on the test results, not what some uniformed person working in a pharmacy said.

Wow. That makes my day because 1 of the couples are not vaccinated and they can't take the chance on the 2 to 3 day timeframe. The rapid test comes back in 1 or 2 hours. Thanks for the Good News!!!!

Wow. That makes my day because 1 of the couples are not vaccinated and they can't take the chance on the 2 to 3 day timeframe. The rapid test comes back in 1 or 2 hours. Thanks for the Good News!!!!
If you want "official" confirmation of any of the testing rules, you can email TravelToBonaire@bonairegov.com with a specific question, and you should get a quick answer. The address used to be PublicHealth@bonaiegov.com but it changed recently.

Just be careful which test you request. Walgreens offers all 3. Rapid Antigen, Rapid Diagnostic (this is the one to request), and Diagnostic Lab (PCR).

Attachments

• 206E8CD6-5B16-4E20-8031-D8C551A8ECEC.jpeg
    206E8CD6-5B16-4E20-8031-D8C551A8ECEC.jpeg
    72.6 KB · Views: 35
BTW. Went for my return covid antigen test this am at Covidtestbonaire.com located across from the airport. Requested 8 am but full so got the 8:30 to 9:am slot for both of us.

Followed the yellow signs to a dirt road and cargo container with a tent beside it. Arrived early but no one in line so he went ahead with the swab. Paid cash 40 each. In and out in less than 10 minutes and didn’t miss a dive. Had the results in my inbox when we got back to the condo and everything loaded into Verifly before the afternoon dive. :cool:

Tursiops: Thanks for that e-mail address. I e-mailed last night and they already responded. They said since I am a Resident of Aruba, and I have my 2 vaccines, I don't need any testing to come. Just show my vaccine card. Thanks alot. That just saved me $75.
Since I am a Resident of Aruba, I will just wait until I get back to Aruba to test. They charge $75 at the airport and they won't accept antigen test. And I believe the PCR test in Bonaire is $125

BTW. Went for my return covid antigen test this am at Covidtestbonaire.com located across from the airport. Requested 8 am but full so got the 8:30 to 9:am slot for both of us.

Followed the yellow signs to a dirt road and cargo container with a tent beside it. Arrived early but no one in line so he went ahead with the swab. Paid cash 40 each. In and out in less than 10 minutes and didn’t miss a dive. Had the results in my inbox when we got back to the condo and everything loaded into Verifly before the afternoon dive. :cool:
When we went there a few months ago, unlike the drive-through testing where I live, where there are usually several people with masks and faceshields scurrying about doing different jobs, at the Covidtestbonaire site it was just one jovial Dutch guy, not even wearing a mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom