Suggestion countdown timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cowprintrabbit

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was on another message board (Disney-related) and they all had these cool countdown timers (days, hours, min, seconds) in their signatures for various events. But they wouldn't share the code, one of the mods had to do it for you :-(

Anyone know how to do it? NetDoc? TechAdmin?

I can see it now - 110 days to Oahu! :dazzler1:

El Orans:
TA,
great job.

Could you add CET (Central European Time) to the timezones. I'm using GMT with a correction to make it work now.

Laurens

We don't specify the timezones, god does (ok the people who made time on the internet did). There is a standard list out there but I have yet to find it.

Thanks Tech Admin!

Tech Admin:
Well, it seems to be working :wink:

You can try setting it up yourself by going to http://www.scubaboard.com/profile.php?do=extra2 (or clicking Count Down Setup in your User CP). Let me know if you encounter any problems.
I don't see the option and the link goes to a blank CP page. Is this perhaps only available to Supporting Member?

-Rob

It is not available on the "Classic Theme". You need to use the Portal Theme in order to access EVERYTHING we offer. We try not to mess much with the classic theme.

NetDoc:
It is not available on the "Classic Theme". You need to use the Portal Theme in order to access EVERYTHING we offer. We try not to mess much with the classic theme.
Hmm... I may have to use the Portal Theme from now on. (And now I can see all the other timers, too!)

It seems like the Countdown timers are not compatible with the "Dive Info" part of the profile? Only one or the other shows up under "Optional Info"

-Rob

NetDoc, i was wondering about that odd odour every time i logged in.... :11ztongue

Tech Admin:
We don't specify the timezones, god does (ok the people who made time on the internet did). There is a standard list out there but I have yet to find it.
TA - people have been asking what to put down, so i have told them for now just to stick with known abbreviations like EST, PST and GMT. When you find that list maybe you could put a little link by the time zone area to that list?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom