Suggestion countdown timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cowprintrabbit

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was on another message board (Disney-related) and they all had these cool countdown timers (days, hours, min, seconds) in their signatures for various events. But they wouldn't share the code, one of the mods had to do it for you :-(

Anyone know how to do it? NetDoc? TechAdmin?

I can see it now - 110 days to Oahu! :dazzler1:

Tech Admin:
And how do they add this to your account (or rather I should say, do you send them a PM and ask for it or is it via your profile or a combination of the two)?

You open a thread related to your trip and ask the "Ticker Fairy" (gag me with a spoon!) to grant you a timer; then it would appear in your signature a few hours later.

The code isn't anything complex but it is javascript which can easily be messed up. More importantly entering it into your signature means using html in your signature which most sites don't allow, hence why admins may have to do it for you.

Tech Admin:
The code isn't anything complex but it is javascript which can easily be messed up. More importantly entering it into your signature means using html in your signature which most sites don't allow, hence why admins may have to do it for you.

ah.... makes sense! so it's not something we want to do here?

Let me play around and see what I can do.

Tech Admin:
Let me play around and see what I can do.

You're awesome, thanks :)

I love computer gurus - I even married one!

Ya know, so far this is going pretty well... I might just be able to let you add the events yourself but you'd be limited to one count down at a time (which is pleanty if you ask me).

Testing...

Edit: Doesn't appear to be working (though I probably screwed it up).

Second edit: the problem was in the time zone field (it didn't like pacific, but it did like PST).

Yea, I need a good list of the possible time zones (I got lazy searching google and quit). Like it?

Tech Admin:
Yea, I need a good list of the possible time zones (I got lazy searching google and quit). Like it?

Very nice, though I don't really need another reminder that I'm about to go on vacation. I'm already having enough trouble focusing on work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom