Suggestion countdown timer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
cowprintrabbit

cowprintrabbit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I was on another message board (Disney-related) and they all had these cool countdown timers (days, hours, min, seconds) in their signatures for various events. But they wouldn't share the code, one of the mods had to do it for you :-(

Anyone know how to do it? NetDoc? TechAdmin?

I can see it now - 110 days to Oahu! :dazzler1:

cowprintrabbit:
I was on another message board (Disney-related) and they all had these cool countdown timers (days, hours, min, seconds) in their signatures for various events. But they wouldn't share the code, one of the mods had to do it for you :-(

Anyone know how to do it? NetDoc? TechAdmin?

I can see it now - 110 days to Oahu! :dazzler1:
How cool?! It'd probably be too much for our system, but a nice idea. Love it. Hope it's possible!!

Do you have a url of an example I can look at?

zuzanne:
The www.disboards.com has a way that you go into your user info and set the date of your next visit to Disney and then the countdown ticker shows up on your posts. It counts down the number of days, hours, minutes and seconds until your due to arrive. It real cool. I wish we had the ability to do that on the Scuba Board forums.

I tried to copy & paste but it won't let me. Go to disboards.com and click on some of the posts and at the bottom of some of them you will see the countdown timers.

Suzanne
If you look for one of her posts you should be able to find it.

Hi Christine.

On a weight loss board I frequent there are several members that use a weight loss 'ticker'. The link to the tickers used is http://www.tickerfactory.com/ezticker/ticker_designer.php

It's by Fertility Friend but gives the option to track several different things. Don't let that scare you away as I was surprised that was the original purpose of the trackers given the variety of themes and icons I've seen used.

One of the options is an event tracker for things like a birthday or anniversary. You could try putting the date of your vacation in. I believe you get to choose from several different non-baby related themes given what I've seen on the weight loss board.

I put together a trial ticker for an event. Used a Sunshine as the icon. The website returned three different sets of code that can be cut and pasted onto your signature to be used on a board such as Scubaboard. The three types of code are bbCode, HTML and exCode. I'm assuming TechAdmin can tell us which type of code to use.

Hope that helps.
Paula

Thanks! I tried one out, let's see if works!

And how do they add this to your account (or rather I should say, do you send them a PM and ask for it or is it via your profile or a combination of the two)?

Which trips would i count down to? The weekly, monthly or nice big one at the end of the year???? :wink: Good idea, saves a bunch of posts saying 100 days, 99 days etc!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom