Cost of GUE fundies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chris kippax

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All

My lds has started offering GUE fundies and I am interested in attempting a rec pass. I am located in Qld Australia and the course cost is $1800aud plus $90usd for the cert card. To me this seems quite high. What does the same course cost in your area?
Thanks Chris

$1800 all inclusive or just for the course?

The card is $30 here I think.

@guruboy $1800 for the course and pool fees, no gear hire included.

Gas? Site fees? Boat charter?

Regardless, price seems about 2-3x the rate here.

That seems really high. Is the instructor local? If you have to fly someone in and put them up in a hotel, well the course fees need to reflect that cost. But that's pretty steep.

Fundies costs between $650-$900 USD plus $95 registration fee, with the average being around $800+fee. That includes 4-5 days of instruction. Gas is usually another 75-100 USD.

Not a GUE guy, however, price sounds bonkers compared to other excellent GUE instructor rates I know of.

Is it possible your LDS has added other value to the course and it's still a worthwhile package even though it's considerably more expensive than many others? A quick google showed there's a variety of GUE instructors in Queensland, perhaps shop around and then approach your LDS to see what they say.

Cheers,
Cameron

That sounds high. But perhaps not if it involves travel and housing for instructor.

Both parts 1 and 2?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom