Cost of dive equipment?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys shop at the wrong places and pay WAY over price on used gear....

Jim....

add in cost of m,f,s,boots, can be anywhere from $200 to $350..can be zero if gear borrowed,but most people will need to actually purchase. Now total cost up to possibly $700-$750 +..not much different than $800-$850 now is it?

You did it again.

The OP already stated that the price was for "OW and pool and classroom".

Why do you keep adding in the gear?

You seem to take us for fools.

You are posting in a forum where the majority of people already have their OW, and know what was required and how much it cost, including myself.

If you are used to charging 2 to 3 times the industry standard with your list that "can go on", that is up to you, as with the dive shop that the OP is considering.

But you forget your audience here, who know when something is fishy, no matter how much salt you try to put on it.
So what should it cost to get certified? Give me a total cost of what you think it should be..include academics,pool requirements, training dive fees, boat or quarry fees, got personal gear already, ok do not count it in, most people will need to purchase ..come up with a number..

You did it again.

The OP already stated that the price was for "OW and pool and classroom".

Why do you keep adding in the gear?

Do you take us for fools?
Op may not remember being told they will need personal gear. I find most ppeople only hear about half of what you tell them on the phone or in person...or they got a quote for private class, which can be $650 for 1 person, if 2 people it drops to $500 each..

So what should it cost to get certified? Give me a total cost of what you think it should be..include academics,pool requirements, training dive fees, boat or quarry fees, got personal gear already, ok do not count it in, most people will need to purchase ..come up with a number..

I do not need to tell you how much it "should" be.

You are apparently in the industry; you "should" know already.

I know how much it cost me, and many others have chimed in here warning the OP about the exhorbitance of the price at the shop he is considering, and with which you seem to be in accord.

This game is foul.

I do not need to tell you how much it "should" be.

You are apparently in the industry; you "should" know already.

I know how much it cost me, and many others have chimed in here about the exhorbitance of the price of shop the OP is considering, and with which you seem to be in accord.

This game is foul.
They can shop elsewhere..anyone can always can buy something for less if they spend enough time and effort to do so..I do not consider $50 difference to be the deciding factor, some may. In NY area fees are close at every shop. All within a $50 to $100 range of difference. We are not the cheapest nor are we the most expensive in the area.

And the funny part is... The adds on the side of the boards is showing BRAND NEW
Genesis Drift BCD for $200 Bucks...

Jim

For that matter, there is a décor bad for $49.

To be fair, you should count on OP or anyone for that matter, buy each piece of gear, new or used at the lowest selling price every existed. For one, you may not catch the deal. The item at deep discounted may not be what you want. Also keep in mind, OP is not certified. He probably won't have the channel or knowledge to find used gears for the best deal. Average number is probably more reasonable assumption

Or this... Vintage Scubapro Mk 5/R109 Scuba Regulator on a biding site It's at $75 bucks... Looks very nice and would make a great bullet proof set... get it for $150 bucks $150 bucks to service and add new hoses $450 bucks... And we got the Bc for $200... So I'm up to $650 and I'm not really trying..

Jim...

Or this... Vintage Scubapro Mk 5/R109 Scuba Regulator on a biding site It's at $75 bucks... Looks very nice and would make a great bullet proof set... get it for $150 bucks $150 bucks to service and add new hoses $450 bucks... And we got the Bc for $200... So I'm up to $650 and I'm not really trying..

Jim...
For $450 you can get a new atomic regulator. We have a Sherwood bcd in the store now, I think it is a Shadow bcd back inflation, integrated weights, never been wet, brand new..$200 takes it out the door..I think it is a size large. I'm up to $650 as well for brand new gear ..not used stuff without warranties.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom