Cost of ADO and ferry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I believe the ADO bus is approximately $14 each way, and the ferry is approximately $17 each way, subject to currency fluctuations.

The UltraMar ferry folks will sometimes try to automatically charge you for a first class ticket for a little more, but I generally don't think it is worth it, so I always tell them I just want the basic fare. First class is basically just sitting in a booth having a waitress bring you the same snacks you can buy a few steps away.

I don't believe the WinJet ferry has a first class. I don't really have a preference between the two companies. The generally agreed upon advice is just to buy one-way tickets, so you're not locked into one ferry company if for some reason you need to take the other one (say, if you miss the 8 a.m. ferry and need to take the 9 a.m. -- the companies alternate hours).

I believe the ADO bus is approximately $14 each way, and the ferry is approximately $17 each way, subject to currency fluctuations.

The UltraMar ferry folks will sometimes try to automatically charge you for a first class ticket for a little more, but I generally don't think it is worth it, so I always tell them I just want the basic fare. First class is basically just sitting in a booth having a waitress bring you the same snacks you can buy a few steps away.

I don't believe the WinJet ferry has a first class. I don't really have a preference between the two companies. The generally agreed upon advice is just to buy one-way tickets, so you're not locked into one ferry company if for some reason you need to take the other one (say, if you miss the 8 a.m. ferry and need to take the 9 a.m. -- the companies alternate hours).
Thanks a bunch! That’s what I was looking for.

Wondering if someone could let me know the price of ADO from CUN to Playa and cost of ferry each way to Coz. TIA
It's Mexico the currency is MXN pesos, exchange rate varies and the USD is down significantly in the last year.
Each way
ADO from CUN to Playa is $250 MXN
Ferry (Winjet basic) is $280 MXN
Currently about $30 USD each way.

I flew Toronto-Cancun and did the bag drag this past October: flew Westjet and arrived in (I think) Terminal 4 in Cancun. The ADO bus ticket must be purchased from a vendor located inside the Cancun terminal building. The ticket you buy will have a specific "departure time" noted on it. This vendor is located very close to the terminal exit doors, on your right-hand side.

I mention this because, in the past, these bus tickets could be purchased outside the terminal building, at a small kiosk located in the bus park area. The bus will also stop at other terminals to pick up additional passengers.

When purchasing the bus ticket, the option is also available to purchase a ferry boat ticket at the same time. I do not know how well these 2 transit functions are coordinated. I did not purchase my ferry boat ticket at this time; I did it upon arrival at the PDC ferry terminal where I could readily see the next scheduled available sailing.

When I arrived at PDC ferry boat terminal, I had my bags in hand (did not use the trolley-cart service). The escalator to the upper level was not functioning that afternoon--hauling heavy bags can be a struggle depending on how much luggage you are carrying!

When purchasing the bus ticket, the option is also available to purchase a ferry boat ticket at the same time. I do not know how well these 2 transit functions are coordinated. I did not purchase my ferry boat ticket at this time; I did it upon arrival at the PDC ferry terminal where I could readily see the next scheduled available sailing.
Very smart. Any delay on the trip from CUN to PDC could mean that the tickets might not be good for another hour.

When I arrived at PDC ferry boat terminal, I had my bags in hand (did not use the trolley-cart service). The escalator to the upper level was not functioning that afternoon--hauling heavy bags can be a struggle depending on how much luggage you are carrying!

If you have heavy bags you do not need to go upstairs at the PDC Ferry Terminal. Just stay downstairs and you will see other people down there at the gate there that are let through at the same time the upstairs people are let through.

I know because I have 2 50# bags, a roll aboard and a backpack.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom