cost of 2 tank boat dive in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually, I´ve found the cost of diving to be on average $10 more than what you have...

The average is closer to $55 USD to $65 USD for a 2 tank dive depending on if you have your own gear or not.

Then again remember - The important factor should be how safe the dive shop is and not how much the dive costs.

Just my 2pesos worth...

Achu

Originally posted by achu
Actually, I´ve found the cost of diving to be on average $10 more than what you have...

The average is closer to $55 USD to $65 USD for a 2 tank dive depending on if you have your own gear or not.

Then again remember - The important factor should be how safe the dive shop is and not how much the dive costs.

Just my 2pesos worth...

Achu

Achu's right. (Hello Stranger!) The published 2-tanks prices at most places is $55-65us. It helps if you're a regular repeat customer to the dive ops as they will usually make you a better deal. Customer loyalty pays off even in Coz!

I agree,
The $55-$65 figure is the one I remember from Aug. '01.
The "typical" 2 tank ran $55-60 -with the only equip. needed being tank and weights, and the "special sites (further away) came in at $65.
mike

Hi Buff,

As the others have said, look for $55-$65 for a two tanker.

It's possible to get a better deal if you buy a package of "x" number of dives, but even at that you're not likely to get into the $40 range.

Still money well spent.

Have fun.

DocVikingo

Hey Buff, been down here for 8 days now. Just got around to diving. The cheapest I've found is $48 if I just fill in. The best deal might be the two tank morning with the one tank afternoon for $59. ( $30 for the afternoon is normal). Or $1.50 for a tank to do a beach dive. The biggest decision might be what kind of boat and what size group and then where you want to go. With 30 people on a boat your vote is kinda small. With a small boat, don't go if you don't like the destination or pick a boat going where you want to.

alive and well on Fantasy Island don O

$55-65? That's interesting. My wife and I did a bit of diving in Cozumel in 1971. There was an air of the wild and wonderfully primitive. We were enchanted with the openness, courteous manner and complete honesty of the people.

We took a taxi to a deserted beach facing Caleta reef. I swam out, freediving, and speared a 40 pound grouper with my old arbalete. I traded it to a restaurant for some nice meals. We made numerous SCUBA dives at Palancar and Punta del Sur. We caught lobsters, giant red crabs and rode turtles over the edge. I joined a Mexican and a German for a bounce dive to 260 feet. The object was black coral.

Mimi and I rode the ferry and took a bus to Chichen Itza. Somebody said a resort was going to be built on that wild deserted coast of Yucatan but I found it hard to believe.

Back in Cozumel, my Spanish speaking wife translated a world of things about that little island. She was popular with the locals and they gushed about the little hideaways and byeways. We dined on a gourmet meal at a one table restaurant previously visited by Jack and Jackelyn and other VIP's. One sultry day, we were the only visitors at a small mariner's museum which held artifacts from Bob Marx's expeditions. What a time we had.

Oh, almost forgot to mention, a two tank trip with lunch and all the beer/softdrinks one could consume--$8.00 per person. Oftentimes, we ate the catch of the day prepared by the captain and crew.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom