Considerations around switching to a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm a very happy person :) - BP/W successfully assembled and initially adjusted (as much as I can adjust without diving it). Love the quality of the rig and so many nice little features.

Next step will now be to figure out how to best fix/mount all my stuff (LPI, SPG, octo, lights).

best thing is to follow the backmount standards. LPI is pretty straight forward, SPG clipped to the left hip d-ring, octo around your neck *unless diving BSAC* in which case do whatever you're doing now, and lights on the inner tube retainers that were included with the harness running down from the shoulder d-rings.

Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers

lights on the inner tube retainers that were included with the harness running down from the shoulder d-rings.
Are the tubes enough (it looks pretty snug at least) or would you additionally clip them?

The SMB can go at the d-ring on the backside of the crotch strap?

they clip to the shoulder d-ring and then the head goes under the tube. SMB on crotch strap d-ring is OK

_SAM0245.jpg

Thank you for that pic about the lights, as I was wondering that very thing myself.

best thing is to follow the backmount standards. LPI is pretty straight forward, SPG clipped to the left hip d-ring, octo around your neck *unless diving BSAC* in which case do whatever you're doing now, and lights on the inner tube retainers that were included with the harness running down from the shoulder d-rings.
BSAC does allow GUE trained and configured divers to dive as trained, see here.

I'm a very happy person :) - BP/W successfully assembled and initially adjusted (as much as I can adjust without diving it). Love the quality of the rig and so many nice little features.

Next step will now be to figure out how to best fix/mount all my stuff (LPI, SPG, octo, lights).
If you want to try in a pool let me know.

Btw, the 15l cylinders you find here and in Malta are not exactly like the 120cuft cylinders being talked about earlier in the thread. I regularly use one in our pool with the previously mentioned apeks wing and an Ali backplate and am not excessively negative, by the time it is empty I am thinking about having a weight belt.

Thank you for that pic about the lights, as I was wondering that very thing myself.
I have limited real estate (petite female) in that area so I run my light from the shoulder d-ring up toward the shoulder then secure through a loop of bungee.

Back
Top Bottom