Considerations around switching to a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I now want to add some UK diving, what is the easiest way to figure out if the lift of the wing is enough for my drysuit (to be bought) or if I need a larger one?

had to go back like 4 pages to figure out which wing you had.

The torus 26 should be fine for some drysuit diving. Will depend on where you put the weight and if it is ditchable though as well as whether it is a uncompressed neoprene suit or a crushed neo/trilam suit, but either way it should be enough for most drysuit diving. Just use a weight belt in case the suit floods floods so you can drop something

Sorry, should have mentioned it is the Torus 26.
Drysuit will be crushed neo or trilam (still trying to figure out what's better for me but that's a different topic), no uncompressed neoprene.
Weight will be the SS BP (and the likely steel tank), additional weight I would carry on a weight belt.

Thanks tbone!

Last edited:
if that is the case, then the wing is actually compensating for less buoyancy shift than it will with a wetsuit, so as long as the lead isn't on the rig itself *to float with you outside of it*, and you are OK with dropping lead in the event of a catastrophic suit failure *highly unlikely*, then the 26 will be fine

Perfect, thanks. In that case I will stick to my Torus 26 for cold water as well until I make the step to doubles.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom