Considerations around switching to a BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the DSS SS and 26 torus, it is an awesome rig that covers my Texas summer diving through my winter wet diving, enjoy.

OK, this post is a little late, since you've already ordered your BPW, but why did you pass on a Apex 30# wing and SS plate?
Local to UK, zippered, quite compact, it would serve you well.

That's a good question. Mainly because the DSS gear looks really nice and well thought through (including the different BP sizes and the weight plate system), there are many many people on this Board diving DSS gear for a long time and have pretty much nothing than praise for it and also due to Tobin / the personal contact. It wouldn't feel right to take a lot of his time to answer my (stupid basic) questions, talk me through different options etc. and then buy somewhere else because it's £50 cheaper.

That's a good question. Mainly because the DSS gear looks really nice and well thought through (including the different BP sizes and the weight plate system), there are many many people on this Board diving DSS gear for a long time and have pretty much nothing than praise for it and also due to Tobin / the personal contact. It wouldn't feel right to take a lot of his time to answer my (stupid basic) questions, talk me through different options etc. and then buy somewhere else because it's £50 cheaper.
So you do play cricket!
I hate those people who would first try everything in various shops and then order them on line just to "save" some money.

So today the BP/W arrived at my place and the exciting process of me trying to put it together has just started :D

So today the BP/W arrived at my place and the exciting process of me trying to put it together has just started :D

Less typing! More threading webbing through slots! LOL ;-) Congratulations!

Less typing! More threading webbing through slots! LOL ;-) Congratulations!
Haha - most of the initial webbing is done. Got a bit stuck at the crotch strap step but will postpone that until tomorrow.

I guess ultimately it doesn't matter but I want to make sure I web it properly:
Is it correct to put the crotch strap through from the tank side to the "front" side of the BP and double lace it through the keeper there? This results in:
- the d-rings being outside when the crotch strap is "closed" (obviously)
- excess webbing is on the inside of the crotch strap
- the plain keeper faces the inside of the crotch strap

Last edited:
I guess ultimately but I want to make sure I web it properly:
Is it correct to put the crotch strap through from the tank side to the "front" side of the BP and double lace it through the keeper there? This results in:
- the d-rings being outside when the crotch strap is "closed" (obviously)
- excess webbing is on the inside of the crotch strap
- the plain keeper faces the inside of the crotch strap

If I'm following your description properly it sounds like you have it correctly threaded.

Tobin

Back
Top Bottom