Conshelf 21 & SE2 first stage internal differences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The body on my SE2 is about 1/8" longer than the body on my 21.

Ask the man who owns one:

The SE has all of its lp ports in 1/2" dimension, in the SE2, only the primary lp is 1/2",in the other lp ports the diameter has returned to the standard 3/8".

As the owner of an SE, I have had to invest in several reduction couplings in order to attach lp accessory hoses. Its a PITA.

Last edited:
The SE and SE2 both will have the same length body as they both have 1/2" ports........3 in the SE and 1 in the SE2.

The SE and SE2 both will have the same length body as they both have 1/2" ports........3 in the SE and 1 in the SE2.
Yes, my mistake, I'm not being rigorous in identifying what regs I have. Both have 1/2" ports, and both bodies are the same length. And adding to my confusion the SE has a yoke screw mis-labeled as "SE2".

So they both take the same service kit, but the pins are different length between models?

Yes, same service kit as all Conshelfs (and Titan).
The SEA/Cousteau kits are very similar.....they have an extra o ring not needed in the Conshelf and conical rather than flat filter.
Kits also service Mares (and Mares made Dacor) regs.

edit

.....kits will do most Mares 1st stages, not the Ruby and not scs models.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom