Confess your SCUBA sins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My biggest sin...
I only read the first 2-3 pages of Scubaboard Forum Thread, then I jump to the bottom and post... I dont even care if someone else already said the exact same thing...

I tend to do that too. Also I usually stop looking at a thread when it seems all has been said yet there are 100 more posts--maybe something important is in there.

My biggest sin...
I only read the first 2-3 pages of Scubaboard Forum Thread, then I jump to the bottom and post... I dont even care if someone else already said the exact same thing...

I only read the first 2-3 pages of Scubaboard Forum Thread, then I jump to the bottom and post... I dont even care if someone else already said the exact same thing
i mean what?

I hold my breath ... almost every time I take a photograph ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I do that for a couple of seconds while hovering with my poke spear over a flounder that's on the bottom. Don't know why--bubbles don't seem to frighten them at all. But honestly, I started holding my breath there because of reading on SB that all you photogs do it.

Yeah, I am afraid that I have so many scuba sins, that I'll have to restrict myself to the big ones, or we'll be here all day:
  • I dive deep air
  • I skip breathe
  • I dived before I was old enough to take a certification course
  • I took my son diving before he was old enough to take a certification course
  • I hunt
  • I have gotten nitrox fills for friends who don't have nitrox cards
  • I have been known to get air fills for friends who don't have cards at all
  • Several times I have flown within 24 hours of diving, including (once) planned decompression diving
  • Once I let my Dad breathe my 75% mix at the end of his last safety stop of the day, although he is not tec trained
Pretty sure I have some other ones too, but that should be more than enough to hang me for.

Forgive me father for I have sinned,
I dov without a snorkel, and dove at 150 ft with no tec cert.
I will now say 10 hail mary's and be on my way

I have to admit.... I really REALLY like touching things under water... especially squishy things... but i'm a fan of manhandling the marine life because a) its fun and b) I like to re-position things (when I can/need to) to get a better photo.

I also skip breath
I also hold my breath while taking a photograph

My Sins...
1. I get my teaching schedule each month...then I PAD a weekend as "teaching" but it's not. But I am diving.
2. I wait until my husband leaves for work in the morning, my SUV is already stealthy packed the night before, I drop my kids off at my sister's and go dive and get home, pick up kids, clean up dive gear, make dinner before he gets home. How he doesn't notice the wet gear drying in the laundry room is beyond me.. oh wait... no it's not.
3. I am contemplating buying a compressor, it can plug into my dryer outlet. He will never notice.
4. New dive gear? What new dive gear... I got that before we had DD.. I've just been too fat to fit in it until now...
5. I have s*x with DH to distract him from when I tell him I'm diving or going on a boat etc...post nookie. I'm thinking about diving the whole time.

In water sins... sometimes I don't plan my dives. We just get in the water.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom