Confess your SCUBA sins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If thats the MMORPG kind of "pulling" I hope it was not a titan.. Ive done that kind of "pulling" myself and Im glad it was only a small blue one.
The titan one that I didnt see coming in from a blind spot scared the crap out of me when it appared 2 feet from my mask though. Fortunately it wasnt nesting..

I was just being silly. I would not mess with a trigger fish. Years ago when I had a SW aquarium I had a clown trigger in there. Once when I was feeding them I had my fingers in the tank, the clown trigger sneaked up while I was looking elsewhere and took a small chunk out of my finger. I don't mess with the locals.

The thought of spending eternity in SCUBA HELL defined as diving Veteran's at night with no wetsuit is enough to scare me straight. I promise not to poke the moray in order to get a good picture - again - really. And that scorpion fish didn't need to stay laying there all bored like. He needed exercise.

Add to that someone keeps moving the cinder blocks, better known as the "Reef".:rofl3:

I dived a Nitrox tank before being Nitrox certified.
Once I didn't analyze my Nitrox tanks but trusted the dive op that supplied them.
When my tanks get filled with Nitrox they have no markings on them indicating they are Nitrox.

Breathed off my emergency oxygen kit sporadically during the drive home after conducting an open water diver weekend (instead of pulling over to take a nap).

If a highway patrolman had flagged me down it could have been quite interesting . . .

This was about six years ago and it taught me (1) pace yourself and (2) delegate.

Let's see.
Taught how to dive by a former SEAL and dove with out being certified for awhile.
Did a solo dive to 100' on 9th dive after certification
Don't always log my dives.
Lost track of dive buddy, but continued dive anyway.
Dove with a Casio G shock on stopwatch mode when I couldn't find my bottom timer.

Probably a lot of other things that I can't remember.

Since scuba is based on "your life, your responsibility" (something I am aware of in my day to day activities)
I liken to the motto:
"improvise, modify, adapt, and overcome"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom