Computer Wrist Strap getting loose on descend

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bmoraes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I have an Oceanic Atom 2.0, and although I'm happy with the computer I'm not very happy the way the wrist strap works.

On descend, as the neoprene compresses (5mm or 6.5 mm) the strap starts getting too loose and actually I almost lost the computer twice. If I "re tight" the strap at depth it will get overtight on ascend and can bend the pin that close it (happened to me twice).

I'd like to adapt some type of elastic band to keep it tight at all times, but I could not find one that fits and Oceanic does not offer this type of accessory. Did you also face the same issue? Any tips on how to solve it?

Thanks, Bruno

I took my bands off and installed bungees. I cant remember what your comp looks like, buy here are some pics.

Attachments

• 12`1 006.jpg
    12`1 006.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 12`1 008.jpg
    12`1 008.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 83
Yup. Bungees for all my wrist gages. This is a standard DIY for a lot of divers. Double separate bungees means if one breaks you still keep your expensive gage. Lost gages that I have seen over the years were always ones with factory bands.

I have bought bungees for my dive computer, but I simply can not figure out how I might be able to do this... I own a Uwatec Smartec computer (aladin type computer)... Any tips and tricks ? How did you do on yours if you have anything similar ?

I have an oceanic atom. I removed the original wrist strap altogether and the pins that were holding it in place. I got relativelly thin bungee and with a needle put it trough the holes where the original strap was attached. One could have up to 4cords this way. It is easier to put the cord through the small holes if you cut the core of the bungee cord leaving only the external cover.

two words:

bungees!

the second word is silent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom