Computer to monitor air for two divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve attached transmitters when in sidemount. I dive with a Perdix AI. Transmitters were probably about 20 inches apart, and no interference issue.

I can understand a father having that overbearing parental concern. Good Lord, I’m 47 and I still get it from my parents. It just sometimes is.

See, be like Kosta.

See, be like Kosta.
Many strive, but few achieve :cool::wink::confused::yeahbaby:

Getting popcorn to read the responses to that! :nyah:

I’ve attached transmitters when in sidemount. I dive with a Perdix AI. Transmitters were probably about 20 inches apart, and no interference issue.

I can understand a father having that overbearing parental concern. Good Lord, I’m 47 and I still get it from my parents. It just sometimes is.

I understand what you are saying about two transmitters. Shearwater recommends a black transmitter for one tank and a yellow transmitter for the second tank in close proximity. They transmit at different intervals (I think that is what I have read), so that there isn't interference between the two transmitters. I think even Ray from TX stated that he had a couple of times his wife's and his transmitters conflicted. In order to "insure" you don't get a conflict, they recommend the two different colors.

Dangit Kosta. stop encouraging the demolition derby. I'd like to ban the popcorn emoji.

I understand what you are saying about two transmitters. Shearwater recommends a black transmitter for one tank and a yellow transmitter for the second tank in close proximity. They transmit at different intervals (I think that is what I have read), so that there isn't interference between the two transmitters. I think even Ray from TX stated that he had a couple of times his wife's and his transmitters conflicted. In order to "insure" you don't get a conflict, they recommend the two different colors.
now you tell me

I thought the title of the post was self evident. I am looking for a dive computer to monitor air supply for two divers. You're the one that came in with the daddy teaching moment. You don't see that as parenting advice?

Parenting means raising children. So no, nothing about parenting in my posts, AFIK.

The "teaching moment" comment I made was in the course of an interesting exchange that I was having with another poster, an instructor. I was responding to his concern that the dad might feel that it was insulting to ask check his daughter's air - and I suggested that the dad could be told that it wasn't insulting, but rather a standard part of good buddy communication.

You posted in a public forum. It's a discussion, not a legal deposition. Discussions are organic things that evolve and change over time.

My opinion was that the device that your friend wanted to use wasn't a good idea in that particular setting for dive safety related reasons. You could agree with that or not. You could actually listen to what I had to say on the topic, as both a parent of two certified divers and as an experienced diver myself, because I might conceivably have thought of something that you hadn't.

Or you could get angry because I didn't answer the question in the way that you wanted, and shut me down.

When we both dive sidemount there are four transmitters in close proximity. All four are gray. Conflicts, if that is actually what causes the rare lost comms message, are no more common than with two transmitters as far as I can tell but we have only done a half dozen sidemount dives together.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

You will see that some content has been deleted. A repetitive sock puppet's posts were removed along with anything quoting them. Don't take the bait! Simply report the post to mods and we will look into the matter. And then some off-topic bickering was also removed while I was at it. Marg, SB Senior Moderator.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom