Computer to monitor air for two divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Snoweman

Untroubled Troll
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
There was a thread on this subject back in 2009, but I think it's time to update it.

My dive buddy would like to buy a computer to monitor his air and his 14 year old daughter's air. This is not to take this responsibility from her, but just a dad's desire to be sure she is safe without having to ask her every five minutes. I thought I had found one that would display two tanks at the same time, but I don't remember which one it was. Any thoughts?

I have friends who have Scubapro Lunas and they can monitor each other's air within a certain range

aeris does such as the T3 elite as does many other brands. I think tank one is reserved for you. the others can be assigned as your tank or put in a buddy function where only the psi is used for display. Its been a long time. Shearwater will do it also i believe ( PERDIX ).

here is a google search for you i used diving computer buddy monitoring

dive cloomputer buddy monitoring - Google Search

Last edited:
aeris does such as the T3 elite as does many other brands. I think tank one is reserved for you. the others can be assigned as your tank or put in a buddy function where only the psi is used for display. Its been a long time. Shearwater will do it also i believe (petral 2 at least).

here is a google search for you i used diving computer buddy monitoring

dive cloomputer buddy monitoring - Google Search

I did a similar search. If you notice, the 2009 thread is the first response. I had found the Lynx, but wanted to see what other suggestions are out there.

I think you mean the Perdix. I don't think the Petrel is AI. I know I can monitor two tanks on my Perdix, but I wasn't sure how the computer likes switching back and forth and how it would play with your dive profile. I also think you have to be within a few feet of the transmitter on the Perdix. I know mine sometimes gets knocked off if I wear the computer on my left hand and my head blocks the transmitter.

I think the ScubaPro Mantis M2 can monitor two tanks, but I am wondering if that is also meant for one diver (not two divers).

Ratio Dive Computers - Choose a model

Ratio dive computer transmitter has an off the shelf solution for monitoring other divers tank pressure.
Perdix AI can read two transmitters, but range is limited to elbow contact.

Are you talking about the color coding of the transmitter light? ScubaPro has a similar solution. This only gives you a rough idea, though.

Ratio Dive Computers - Choose a model

Ratio dive computer transmitter has an off the shelf solution for monitoring other divers tank pressure.
Perdix AI can read two transmitters, but range is limited to elbow contact.
My experience is 5 feet which is a nice close buddy pair. It works well. When I want to get a reading I wander closer and communicate a little love or share a thought and get a reading at the same time without her having to change her focus to satisfy my curiosity. I like it but when we dive sidemount that goes out the window.

Are you talking about the color coding of the transmitter light? ScubaPro has a similar solution. This only gives you a rough idea, though.

Yea, that's what I meant. I didn't know about Scubapro. Honestly that rough idea should be enough for safety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom