Computer Games: Sims Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jstuart1

Contributor
Reaction score
While I am not much of a gamer, on the way home from work yesterday I was thinking about how cool it would be to have a scuba simulator game. Not a silly game to just find gold coins but a real simulator. Such that you had to select the right weights, gear and thermal protection. Be concerned about NDLs and DCS, Navigation and yet still explore a variety of dive environments such as low vis, wrecks, current etc. All dives would be based on real time so that a 50 min dive really took 50 min. You could have the computer control your budy or you could control both or a group if you wish. I could see spending hours playing this game. What do you think?

I seem to remember someone was actually thinking of developing just such a game as you describe. Not sure if it was this site, but I think it was. Said person posted a link to a quiz with questions regarding what we divers thought was important. Actually, pretty sure it was posted about 2 or 3 weeks ago...

Z...

If we couldn't get wet we could at least keep our brain into it and have fun at the same time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom