Review Compressor electric spec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marc.collin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi

Tuxing TXEDM043 / HPDAVV.

compressor_spec_electric.jpg

Spec see not normal

2.2kW = 2200W
110V*27A = 2970W

habitually 2200w we can use a 20A breaker, for a 2970W we need a 30A.

thank

Motors are more efficient at 220v.

I run mine off a 20a breaker. It will trip a 15a after 1-2min.

2.2kw = 3HP (746W per HP). That is the motors output rating.
Stated as 83% efficient.
2970 x 83% = 2465 A lot closer. Put some rounding errors on the values and it adds up. A not very efficient 3HP motor that sucks 3kw of electricity and makes about 700 watts in pure waste heat.

Motors are more efficient at 220v.

I run mine off a 20a breaker. It will trip a 15a after 1-2min.
Legally needs a 35 amp per NEC and #8 wire. Allowed to run continuously at 80% of breaker and wire, 27/.80=33.75 amps.

Legally needs a 35 amp per NEC and #8 wire. Allowed to run continuously at 80% of breaker and wire, 27/.80=33.75 amps.
You are mixing specs. The post you are commenting about is for 220V. But the specs you are discussing are from a 110V data plate. Not saying your numbers are wrong, just keep the reference materials paired correctly.

"Legal" does not apply to janky China compressor haha

You are mixing specs. The post you are commenting about is for 220V. But the specs you are discussing are from a 110V data plate. Not saying your numbers are wrong, just keep the reference materials paired correctly.
So you believe that the NEC allows 110v continuous loads to be over 80%? Please give a reference.

So you believe that the NEC allows 110v continuous loads to be over 80%? Please give a reference.
No. I am pointing out you are mixing comments about 220V with a data plate for a 110V motor.

No. I am pointing out you are mixing comments about 220V with a data plate for a 110V motor.
I'm not talking about 220 at all because the motor is 110 volt, 27 amps. Has to be on a breaker and with wire rated at 34 amps or above.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom