Sold! Bauer Capitano 5 CFM 5000 PSI 220V Single Phase Air Compressor (Delivery MI to FL; Shipping US)

Sold!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tmassey

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am selling a Bauer Capitano 5 CFM Air Compressor, located in Michigan. It is set up for 220V single-phase electric and uses only 24 Amps -- easy to run with residential electrical service. This uses way less power than an electric dryer or stove! This compressor is perfect for an individual or a small diving group. It will fill an AL80 from 500 PSI to 3000 PSI in roughly 13 minutes, or a set of HP130 doubles from 500 PSI to 3442 PSI in roughly 45 minutes.

It includes a Bauer P0 filtration system and automatic shutoff, currently set for approximately 4200 PSI, but very easily adjustable. It can be run in either manual or auto-shutoff/auto-start mode.

I bought this compressor as a backup when my main compressor started rattling. However, I was able to perform a successful rebuild of my main compressor, and I do not need two compressors! I have run it approximately 5 hours over the last few months. It has run beautifully each time.

Professionally Maintained
I have substantial paperwork for this compressor, including maintenance records. It came from a fire station upgrading to a much larger 6000 PSI system. It was maintained to factory standards by an outside organization. In fact, compressor was just rebuilt a few months before it was sold. The first and second stage valves were replaced, and the entire third stage head was replaced! You can see from the photos: look for the layer of shiny new metal on the third stage.

The only problem I have found with the compressor during the entire time was with a leaking condensate valve. It seems that the valve started leaking, and so the firefighters fixed it in typical firefighter fashion: they used pliers to cram down on the valve until it stopped. That stops the leak -- but tends to mess up the valve. I worked with August Industries to resolve this. Turns out this is *not* an uncommon situation, and they have the perfect solution: a fitting that replaces the small plastic valve mounted to the drain with an NPT fitting. From there, I've added a 5000 PSI needle valve. Not only does it not leak a bit, but it is way easier to drain -- and much more durable. In the earlier photos you will see the black-handled valves, and in the last ones you will see the stainless one.

Price
The price for the compressor is $4500.

Photos
I have attached a number of photos below. Click on them to get full-sized images. I also have video of the compressor running. It runs beautifully. In fact, it's noticeably quieter than my main compressor!

Shipping or Regional Drop-Off
That's always the problem with compressors. They're big and they're heavy. Neither is good for shipping... A rough price from a random LTL shipping calculator for 48x40x30 inches, 200 pounds, Michigan to Los Angeles is $700. Exact prices may vary, of course. I will package and coordinate for LTL transport that you arrange: $150 fixed rate for all palletizing, enclosed, packaging, etc. It will be *securely* packed! No forklift available at my location.

However, I am going from Michigan to Florida next week (February 22/23, 2023). I would be happy to deliver it anywhere within 20 miles of I-75 for a fixed $100. If you're farther than that, we might be able to negotiate something, or we can simply meet at a gas station or parking lot and you can drive them the rest of the way.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you very much!

I also have a number of 4000 or 5000 PSI bank cylinders for sale, with the same delivery terms!

Attachments

• IMG_0132.png
    IMG_0132.png
    552.9 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0133.png
    IMG_0133.png
    633.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0134.png
    IMG_0134.png
    726.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0137.png
    IMG_0137.png