Review Compressor electric spec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

2.2kw = 3HP (746W per HP). That is the motors output rating.
Stated as 83% efficient.
2970 x 83% = 2465 A lot closer. Put some rounding errors on the values and it adds up. A not very efficient 3HP motor that sucks 3kw of electricity and makes about 700 watts in pure waste heat.
It's efficiency stated at 83% is probably high but the ~75% from the calculation is about normal for single phase motors. Not a whole lot else you can do to make them more efficient which is part of why all the big motors are 3p and also why you are starting to see "inverter technology" on all sorts of things from refrigerators, to HVAC, to high pressure compressors which are all using 3p or BLDC motors

It's efficiency stated at 83% is probably high but the ~75% from the calculation is about normal for single phase motors. Not a whole lot else you can do to make them more efficient which is part of why all the big motors are 3p and also why you are starting to see "inverter technology" on all sorts of things from refrigerators, to HVAC, to high pressure compressors which are all using 3p or BLDC motors
Efficiency really means little for a 3kw input motor that doesn't run days at a time. Here it would cost 18 cents an hour to run. There are places in the US (Hawaii, parts of California) where the running cost might approach $1.20 per hour. Those figures are high, because the compressor is not always running at full load. You can't afford to pay much for a more efficient motor to save 10% of those figures when you are unlikely to run it over a few hours a week.

Efficiency really means little for a 3kw input motor that doesn't run days at a time. Here it would cost 18 cents an hour to run. There are places in the US (Hawaii, parts of California) where the running cost might approach $1.20 per hour. Those figures are high, because the compressor is not always running at full load. You can't afford to pay much for a more efficient motor to save 10% of those figures when you are unlikely to run it over a few hours a week.
true, I was just trying to point out that the efficiency was "normal" for a 1p motor and the only way to approach 90% efficiency is to get a VFD on a 3p motor

Reactions: BRT
I have one of these compressors. I've run tanks up to 4000psi with it. I've seen a max draw of ~20a on my kill o watt meter with it.

Yes, the 110v one

Back
Top Bottom