Communications Issues with Blue Angel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not sure Ron, Last time I called my Timeshare in Cabo (which is closer than Coz) it cost me an insane amount of money for a few mins. I Figured regular old email would be adequate. In hindsight, knowing what I know now.... next time I'll waste $10-20 for the phone call to save $300 in airfare...LOL.
Skype really works well, and cheap! 10.5c/min plus 8.9c connection fee, or less with subscription. Computer, headset, go...!!

That's a great idea Don, and I've used skype before, although I've used it more like IM. I've heard that you can use it like a phone too, just have never done it.

That's a great idea Don, and I've used skype before, although I've used it more like IM. I've heard that you can use it like a phone too, just have never done it.
I had the $3/month plan for free calls to US & Canada for a couple of years until my cell carrier put up a new tower that serves my home well, and I still get that temporarily when I leave the US as it allows me to call back to the US for free. :cool: I don't much, but if I need to - it's be nice to not get hit by a big calling card bill later. Need to call your airline from Cozumel? Call their US number instead of waiting on hold for the Mexican numbers.

Pay as you go calling requires prepayments in $10 increments. I've had a $9 credit there for years. :(

I just hung up from talking to Pony at Blue Angel. I verified that I could dive with them during May 1-4. That four minute phone call cost me 60 cents. Imagine that it would have taken another three minutes for additional info, that would have cost me $1.05 on my Net 10 cell phone. As an aside, I had to explain why I was calling. That it was just a test. That perhaps took more time than had I really tried to reserve diving days.

No need to wait even hours to book airfare and hotel.

Email has its place but sometimes a more personal phone call is faster.

I used the number provided in an earlier post.

I just hung up from talking to Pony at Blue Angel. I verified that I could dive with them during May 1-4. That four minute phone call cost me 60 cents. Imagine that it would have taken another three minutes for additional info, that would have cost me $1.05 on my Net 10 cell phone. As an aside, I had to explain why I was calling. That it was just a test. That perhaps took more time than had I really tried to reserve diving days.

No need to wait even hours to book airfare and hotel.

Email has its place but sometimes a more personal phone call is faster.

I used the number provided in an earlier post.

That is true. Of course as a business model having an email that doesn't work correctly probably isn't the best idea. I imagine email issues could cost someone a lot of business even if their phone line works. :)

That is true. Of course as a business model having an email that doesn't work correctly probably isn't the best idea. I imagine email issues could cost someone a lot of business even if their phone line works. :)

Jeanie very recently left Blue Angel, it was quite sudden, it appears they are currently still in a "transition period" with the contacts.

The website has been recently updated and I believe has all the correct information on it.

... I was also disappointed to hear that the inclusive "dive day lunches" have disappeared since we were last there 3 months ago. Not sure about the 1 included dinner, but I'm guessing it's gone too...

NOOOOO!!!! Say it ain't so.

NOOOOO!!!! Say it ain't so.

I was told there have been changes, not sure what that means overall, but was told the lunches were not included any longer on dive days :( I'm sure there's a reason.

I take it the US toll free number 1 866 779 9986 is no longer any good?
I Think that was Jeanie number?
Anyone know? Where is Gordon?
Frank

I take it the US toll free number 1 866 779 9986 is no longer any good?
I Think that was Jeanie number?
Anyone know? Where is Gordon?
Frank

The Commish:
Batman14.jpeg

Or Flash?:

0625_flashtripmars.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom