Communications Issues with Blue Angel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I take it the US toll free number 1 866 779 9986 is no longer any good?
I Think that was Jeanie number?
Anyone know? Where is Gordon?
Frank
Hi, Frank. I don't know about the toll free number. Call it and see who answers; it won't even cost 60 cents. :D

Cheers! I'll be there in about 7 weeks!

I was told there have been changes, not sure what that means overall, but was told the lunches were not included any longer on dive days :( I'm sure there's a reason.

I'm happy to say that lunches on dive days are still included in my package later this week.:D

I'm happy to say that lunches on dive days are still included in my package later this week.:D

Wow..... and I took a shower... sniff..sniff :( :wink: I assume whatever change they made was after you booked. Like I mentioned, we were just there in December and got it :)

The free lunch with dives was nice, but I didn't see the point? Their dive prices were already competitive. Maybe a way to introduce the revised cafe? Eh, divers who stayed there were going to lunch there anyway. Then you have to deal with the whiners who want to trade the lunch for something else, especially those not staying there but diving with them. So your dive week went up $50...?

Yeah in the grand scheme of things it's minimal. On the other hand, sometimes it's the little things that matter when choosing to return to a place :)

and breakfast also !!!

i just called them today and no problem with my reservation...

Hi Thomas and ALL.

TO SET THE RECORD STRAIGHT

This is JEANIE - I recently QUIT (answering emails for reservations ) BLUE ANGEL RESORT - that's right I QUIT and I did not RETIRE as EVA was telling everyone.

What disappoints and upsets me are what was written by EVA - (owner???) saying I did not forward the emails to them -

I gave notice on Jan. 15 and continued to do my job as always - then on Jan. 27 - Eva had a staff member tell me to stop answering emails and I was to transfer the account info.

BLUE ANGEL has had control of that email address bluangel@fidmail.com - and some of you may have received an auto response saying

Thank you for your email. To better serve you, all reservations for Blue Angel Resort and Dive Shop will be processed via ........ Please update your contact information accordingly

We will continue forwarding email from this address until April 30th, 2012. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Sincerely,
The staff at Blue Angel Resort and Dive Shop

I am sure there are clients that received this email that can BACK ME UP.

After working with this hotel and dive shop for many years - I am deeply saddened by this and other problems that they are having.

I guess it was easier for EVA to blame me rather than take responsibility for her shortcomings and other problems they have due to mismanagement on her part.

I DO PLAN on expanding my DIVE AND HOTEL RESERVATIONS to include other great hotels and a great dive shop in Cozumel and had hoped to include BLUE ANGEL RESORT - but at this time I am not sure if I can work with the management there.

THANKS FOR LISTENING - I wanted the TRUTH out there.

Jeanie Buscher
jeanie@fidmail.com

hello Thomas.

this is Eva from Blue Angel. I think maybe the problem might be that you emailed jeanie at her email. Unfortunately Jeanie always used her email address bluangelfidmail.com and chose to keep that email.. but she does not forwards guest email from there or i think even check it now. If you are trying to communicate with us using that email, we will not know to email you back,.

Eva Kristine
and the
Blue Angel Team

Last edited:
I had the same issue booking my upcoming trip in May. It took me 3 attempts to get a response before finally getting one. In that time frame my airfare for 2 went up by $150 per person. :( If I would have known that would happen I would have bit the bullet and paid for the phone call. I was also disappointed to hear that the inclusive "dive day lunches" have disappeared since we were last there 3 months ago. Not sure about the 1 included dinner, but I'm guessing it's gone too. Someone mentioned booking air first, I've always booked far enough out to do it the opposite way. I like too book hotel first, especially in this instance. I love the BA!! Even with this incident, It's still a top notch resort that Eva runs :) Can't wait for May!!!!

Interesting....I booked a November trip in March and lunches are included. I must have gotten in right under the wire?????

islanddream

Yikes.....

Last year, we went to BA twice, and loved it. There may be a lot of great dive ops on the island, but their room views' are hard to beat. (We'd stayed at Scuba Club for the previous three years.)

Jeanie was great to deal with setting up the trip, now she's gone. (Sorry, Jeanie.) We also enjoyed breakfast and lunch in their restaurant, now the included lunch appears to also be gone.

I've been impressed by what I've read about Aldora. Maybe it's time to give them a try.

Ron

I've been impressed by what I've read about Aldora. Maybe it's time to give them a try.

Aldora may be booked 100% that week! :)

Back
Top Bottom