Colorado Dive Days - August 4, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just e-mailed to me from CSRA:

Ultimate Diver Challenge Invites Divers To Join Us For Some Exciting Dive Challenges at Colorado Scuba Days August 4, 2007!

Experience a Sneak Peek at Dive Challenges that will assess your dive skills and prepare you to take the Challenge as we invite you to join us in the Ultimate Diver Challenge 2008.

POKER CHALLENGE-- 8:00 a.m.
This challenge will test your ability to navigate your way through a course as you retrieve playing cards that could provide you with the winning poker hand.

DEBRIS FIELD SEARCH -- 2:00 p.m.
Search the debris field to locate hidden objects. Rescue our distressed GI Joe diver for the bonus coordinates that will provide you with the exit bearings.

Win prizes and have fun as you experience challenges that will allow you to be recognized for mastering dive skills used to maintain our safety and the safety of others while experiencing a peek at how exciting and fun the Ultimate Diver Challenge will be!

Prizes: Atomic Fins, Henderson Thermo Wet Suit, Sea Dive Ray Blocker Mask, Pinnacle Wet Suit, 4 Nights stay at Divi Flamingo in Bonaire with unlimited shore diving.

For more information, contact Pam Bertrand at 816-765-7282.
www.ultimatediverchallenge.com
email: diverchallenge@aol.com

This could be a very crowded event.

I think the best way to hook up maybe to just meet at the SB booth. I doubt I'll get there early, maybe around 10:30am. The morning dive sounds like fun, but I just don't feel like getting up at 5:00am to dive Aurora! :D

We could try meeting at the SB table on the hour. So wander over there at the top of the hour, and maybe we can hook up.

I guess another option is to schedule a dive either on the swim beach, or on the scuba beach. I don't know what parking it going to be like, or how easy it will be to get gear to the water on the swim beach side.

RonFrank:
I guess another option is to schedule a dive either on the swim beach, or on the scuba beach. I don't know what parking it going to be like, or how easy it will be to get gear to the water on the swim beach side.

There is plenty of parking on the Pavillion side of the Aurora Reservoir, much more than the scuba beach side. It is probably about a 50-75 yard walk from the parking lot to the waterfront.

Here's what I have -

I know CSRA made some additions (see post 31):

Schedule of Events
5:30am Park Opens
6:00am Show Setup
7:30am Show Opens
8:00am Navigation Course Dive
9:00am Continuing Education Seminar
10:00am Reef Ecology Seminar
11:00am Fish Identification Seminar
12:00pm Digital Cameras - What to know before you buy Seminar with Holly Alentado
1:00pm Wakatobe Resort Seminar
2:00pm Scavenger Hunt Dive
3:00pm Divi Resorts Bonaire Seminar
4:00pm Prize Giveaways
4:30pm Show Closes

11:00am - 2:30pm Big Papa's BBQ

I'm thinking I'll do the 2:00pm dive. But we could schedule something before that if people are into it. I've dove Aurora quite a few times, so it's no biggie for me, but I always have fun.

If people are interested in trying to schedule something outside of the two event dives, post here. If not, I'm just planning on getting there, hanging out for a while, and maybe doing the Scavenger Hunt dive.

Hi, I plan to attend.
This will be my first SB event.
Howard, that's a really nice shirt design. - Hope you don't sell out before I make it there! Not sure if I'll be diving. Aurora Res. is not in my top 100 dive sites, but those prizes look very inviting, so we'll see.

I look forward to meeting some of you there!

~ TW ~

I've often used to snorkel off the swimmers beach years ago until the made me stop. There are some nice large stripe bass that don't seem to mind a free diver getting close. I can imagine a dive being a very cool thing. There should be enough parking but I'm sure competition for shade under the pavillion will be fierce.

well poop.. I just now hear about this and I was at my LDS just the other day.

I already made plans to go mountain biking...hopefully I'll be back down the mountain in time to catch some of the events.

I have my new, improved 10x10 canopy. This thing is MUCH heavier than the previous version weighing about 60lbs. But that is with four walls, or at least that is what they said came with it. I have not opened it up, but will set it up tomorrow if it seems like a good idea.

I'll likely get there around 10:00am, so let's plan on trying to hook up by meeting at the SB booth/table. If we want, we can always head to the Scuba beach for a bit.

I'm not really interested in the seminars with maybe the exception of the Reef ecology, and fish ID. However if they are charging, I will likely skip those unless they have some serious speakers (Deloach comes to mind).

Hope we can all hook up and at least meet if not dive together tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom