Colorado Dive Days - August 4, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told by Randy at Coral Reef that the two schudeled dive will be by the main pavillion and that's why only two dives, one in the morning and one in the evening. There will be rangers in boats to keep other boats out of the area during the dives.

RonFrank:
PM me when you get your plans firmed up if you want to hook up. I have no idea what to expect at this event from either a diving, or attendance perspective.

I figure bring the gear, and if the diving looks appealing (OK, it's Aurora, so I won't set the bar off the ground) then we can do a dive or two.

The event is scheduled for the Pavillions side of Aurora Reservoir, not the actual scuba beach. The scuba beach will be open all day as usual for diving. In addition, we have a small area outside the swim beach side of Aurora Reservoir set up for diving for the day. We have the two sanctioned dive events at 8a and 2p, but the dive area will be open all day for diving!

RonFrank:
Aurora is a State Park, and we are going to have to pay for the park admission, so they have not rented the entire park for sure. I doubt they could prevent folks from diving anytime they wanted.

OTOH, the scuba beach is a drive from the parking lot, so I have no clue how one is going to get the gear to the scuba beach other than to carry it from the parking lot, or get a placard. Maybe they will have a shuttle van for hauling gear or something.

They could also control diving by only allowing one to use rental tanks during certain times.

There is not all that much parking at the Scuba Beach side of the park. I'm not even clear if this event is at the Scuba Beach area, but I assume so.

IOW's I have NO CLUE! :rofl3:

Maybe Howard can shed some light on this as he is representing SB, and has a table.

The event is actually at the Pavillions side of the park, not the scuba beach. The diving will be on the Pavillions side of the park, just outside the swim beach. The Rangers are setting up a special dive area to keep boats and fisherpeople out of the area. The diving is open all day on both sides of the park, though.

As for the entrance fee, the cost is $5 per vehicle. We kept this fee out of our registration as we were sure social divers would carpool!

We look forward to seeing you all there!
The Colorado Scuba Retailers Association

I'm planning on spending the day at this event. Sounds like this is a one time chance to dive a part of the lake we normally do not get to dive.

I doubt I'll be there for the nav dive, but I think it would be great to hook up with some folks from SB, do a dive or two either on the swim beach or scuba beach, and say hello to Howard and M!

BTW Howard, or Michelle, if you want to dive, you are welcome to use my gear.

We don't need to plan on food as they will have it there.

I just ordered anther 10x10 canopy, but I'm not sure it will be here by next weekend. This one is powder coated steel, and weights close to 60 lbs, so I can only hope it will survive a lot more than my previous version.

RMO's if you are going to this event, and want to hook up for a dive or just to meet, lets get together! Please respond to this post!

Ron... I don't think we'll need shelter, as they told me we'll be under the shelter at the pavilion.

Not sure about a dive. My Dry Suit is in Florida, and we're going back on the 8th :D

RonFrank:
RMO's if you are going to this event, and want to hook up . . . just to meet, lets get together! Please respond to this post!
My wife and I hope to be there for part of the day. We won’t dive, but will probably check out the Reef ecology and Fish ID seminars.

I'd love to meet some people from RMO, since we don't know anybody yet. :) I'm not sure if we'll be diving. We dove Aurora yesterday for our AOW Deep Dive, and had a bad experience (horrid vis - down to almost 0 where we were sometimes, almost lost the instructor guiding us several times, and it wasn't until after that the second instructor said he was right behind me watching me. I was anxious enough to begin with, and this made it worse, but I just remembered to breathe and attempt to relax and managed to finish it ok), so I might stay away from there for awhile - unless the diving is better at 30 feet than at 60.

We haven't decided when we'll be there, but Ron if you schedule a meeting time, we can arrange our schedule to be there then, most likely.

mhedstrom:
I just remembered to breathe and attempt to relax and managed to finish it ok
Bravo! You've demonstrated that you can handle stress. This could be one of your most valuable dives, for that reason.

Please note the following change in the schedule for the seminars.

11:00 am - Divi Resorts Bonaire Seminar
3:00pm - Fish Identification Seminar

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The Colorado Scuba Retailers Association

Will anyone be getting there early enough for the morning dive? I'd like to, considering the variability in the weather in the afternoon this time of year in Colorado.

Back
Top Bottom