Colorado Dive Days - August 4, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey, It was great fun creating and putting together challenges for the very enthusiastic divers of Colorado. You have some amazing divers ....and dive shops that are very committed to our sport. Thanks to all that came and took a try at the fun dives creating challenges that do assess our skills. We had a blast! Congratulations to the winners of the Poker Challenge -- Way to Go! All 5 navigation points found in pretty much no vis! And How about the debris field search -- over 50 items placed underwater to be retrieved -- all items were found including items that were not on the list! The environmental clean up was pretty amazing too...thanks to you that brought trash to the surface. Divers demonstrated great skills, navigation, search and rescue --- all skills that will be examined in the Ultimate Diver Challenge next year.
Pam

I was there, but alas, I met noneayousguys. I asked at the SB booth twice and she said you guys were on the "other side" diving. Anyway, someone might have spotted me, I won the wetsuit on the last scavenger hunt dive. ...and a hunt it was. 2" vis...haha. I kept waiting for the pinch from one of those undersized lobsters modeling as crayfish as my hands scanned the surface. Anyway, it was a good time. Had I planned better I think I'd have made it in earlier to demo some of that equipment. My wife demo'd the fins and liked them. Anyway cheers...maybe next time I'll get to put some faces behind all these posts.

Gary, I remember your face ;-) ;-) and I must say...I am glad it was you in the water and not me...I was glad to be coordinating...I just know one of those critters would have latched on to my finger and not let me go! What is up with Sea Gulls in Colorado?? Pam

RonFrank:
Temps were 75F at the surface, thermocline about 25feet to 70F. I dove it dry per normal, but I could have done it in a 3mm. In fact I think George did! :wink:

Yes, I was looking to get my weighting on a new 3mm wetsuit and did dive that for both dives on Saturday. Definitely the warmest diving I have done so far.

Scubafriends - I'm not sure what's up with the gulls. Probably the same reason there's a ton of landlot divers here..haha.

Hey just found out they put my ugly mug on the back of the sports page in the Denver Post. I was talkin' to some guy on the plane today and he showed it to me. Haha too funny.

somebody said that my picture made the post too...LOL..I hope it was trimming and showed the figure I dream Of! Either way Colorado has some very enthusiastic divers ..divers that enjoy diving and love to test their skills! It was great fun! Thanks to the dive shop owners for putting this on...and I am sure it will bigger and better and wetter next year!

ce4jesus:
Scubafriends - I'm not sure what's up with the gulls. Probably the same reason there's a ton of landlot divers here..haha.

Yeah, you'd think they'd leave and find a nice beach. Then again they are scavengers, and there is no shortage of garbage and people feeding them bread here in Denver! I also think that a 40'F sunny day in CO is MUCH warmer than a 40F rainy day on either coast! :coffee:

We have a LOT of sunshine in CO!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom