Colorado Dive Days - August 4, 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ddavies:
Get an extra of the free stuff for me. :D

If I can get a SB sticker for you, I will. If I can get a free drysuit for you, well that's mine! Trips to Palau... Mine! :D

You interested in a SB shirt if they have one in your size? You'd have to pay me back, they are not free. If so, PM me, and let me know your size. I could make a good guess... but...

Here's what the shirt looks like :D The front is an SB logo (where the pocket would be) and the back is ...

SBShirtBackcopycopy.jpg

How does the diving work for an event like this? Is it "if you want to dive, bring your gear and dive whenever," or if you want to dive you have to follow one of the 2 times listed on the schedule?

mhedstrom:
How does the diving work for an event like this? Is it "if you want to dive, bring your gear and dive whenever," or if you want to dive you have to follow one of the 2 times listed on the schedule?

Aurora is a State Park, and we are going to have to pay for the park admission, so they have not rented the entire park for sure. I doubt they could prevent folks from diving anytime they wanted.

OTOH, the scuba beach is a drive from the parking lot, so I have no clue how one is going to get the gear to the scuba beach other than to carry it from the parking lot, or get a placard. Maybe they will have a shuttle van for hauling gear or something.

They could also control diving by only allowing one to use rental tanks during certain times.

There is not all that much parking at the Scuba Beach side of the park. I'm not even clear if this event is at the Scuba Beach area, but I assume so.

IOW's I have NO CLUE! :rofl3:

Maybe Howard can shed some light on this as he is representing SB, and has a table.

RonFrank:
Aurora is a State Park, and we are going to have to pay for the park admission, so they have not rented the entire park for sure. I doubt they could prevent folks from diving anytime they wanted.

OTOH, the scuba beach is a drive from the parking lot, so I have no clue how one is going to get the gear to the scuba beach other than to carry it from the parking lot, or get a placard.

They could also control diving by only allowing one to use rental tanks during certain times.

There is not all that much parking at the ScubaBeach side of the park. I'm not even clear if this event is at the ScubaBeach area (I assume so), or at the main side of the park near the swim beach.

IOW's I have NO CLUE! :rofl3:

Maybe Howard can shed some light on this as he is representing SB, and has a table.
I already have a message into the event coordinator, so I'll post as soon as I hear something.

The ad says that its at the Main Pavillion which is across the resevoir from the Scuba Beach. Its where they were having that county event when we were there in June.

My understanding is that the admission to the event ($8 + $5 park admission) gets you access to all of the events at the main pavillions including a Nav Seminar Dive in the morning at 8 am and a Scavenger Hunt dive in the afternoon at 2 pm. I also includes admision to all of the seminars, $1 off food, opportunity to registar for drawings and $10 off any class at participating retailers.
If you want to dive any other time than those two, you need to do it at the scuba beach and that does NOT require the $8 admission (only the $5 for the park admission).

So, is anyone up for a dive at the scuba beach sometime between those two dives? I can't make to either of those but would still like to go get wet.

robanna:
So, is anyone up for a dive at the scuba beach sometime between those two dives? I can't make to either of those but would still like to go get wet.

I would assume the two scheduled dives will be done in the Scuba Area, but I maybe wrong. Maybe they are doing them in the swim park area.

Howard is waiting on a response from the event coordinator with some answers.

I will call Aurora on Monday and ask about diving on the 4th if Howard has not heard back at that time. I would assume we would need a placard, and I have zero desire to carry gear to the beach.

Sure, I'd be up for a dive between these events. Unfortunately my beloved 10x10 shelter was utterly destroyed in the last RMO event, and I have not had time to replace it. I may bring a Tent just to have some shade as it gets hot, and my drysuit does NOT like direct sunlight and heat for very long.

The guy from underwater phantaseas is supposed to call me tomorrow... I'll ask all of these questions.

Back
Top Bottom