Cold Water Regulator Search

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KKingEck

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! My husband and I are new to scuba diving and we are looking to buy a good cold water regulator. We will be diving predominately in the pacific northwest. Any suggestions? We are currently looking at SCUBAPRO MK25 EVO/G260 and Aqualung Core Supreme. Any info would be awesome! Thanks!

There have been several discussions here lately on reg choices for new divers. I don't think you could go wrong with the MK25. They are pricy, but ScubaPro fans seem to love them, and they are definitely a top performing reg.

Lately, I have been using HOG D1/Classic regs which are very good performers. They also come in environmentally sealed, which should do well in your climate.

The DIN/Yoke debate has been beaten to death (on another thread), but you should be able to order any reg in a Yoke version if you want.

Nice choice. The MK25 EVO/G260 is a great set up (and we have it in stock lol). When you say "cold water" what do you mean? Under the ice, or PNW?

I missed you by 19mins in chat because I was tabbed out.

New Regs:

MK17/25 w/ G260 or a700

Environmentally sealed HOG D1/Classic or Zenith

Dive Rite XT1

I have experience using these three regs in cold water (< 35F) - either of them will work.

Din or Yoke depends on what tanks are available in your area or the areas you plan on going.

I just bought several MK25 EVO/G260 and I have no reason to believe they won't perform well in cold water. I've used previous versions of the MK25/G250HP/G250V in the Great Lakes on relatively deep dives with no issues. 39°F 245ft was likely the most extreme.

Nice choice. The MK25 EVO/G260 is a great set up (and we have it in stock lol). When you say "cold water" what do you mean? Under the ice, or PNW?
Pacific Northwest.... no ice diving for me.

Perfect! You will love the Mk25/G260

I'd be happy to set you up with Scubaboard pricing if you like.

Perfect! You will love the Mk25/G260

I'd be happy to set you up with Scubaboard pricing if you like.
What is the scubaboard pricing for the MK25 Evo/G260 if we got two? And possibly two octopus? :rolleyes:

Any suggestions? We are currently looking at SCUBAPRO MK25 EVO/G260 and Aqualung Core Supreme. Any info would be awesome! Thanks!

If you are not totally fixed on Scubapro, Apeks definitely deserves a closer look. Nothing beats a XTX50 or XTX100 in cold water or elsewhere. In any case I would chose a sealed 1st stage over a piston.

Back
Top Bottom