Cobalt I battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Timmy B

New
Reaction score
Hello,

Looking at purchasing a used COBALT Gen 1 and would like to replace the battery for it is quickly discharging
(10% discharge in less than 24 hrs). It sat unused for about 4 yrs. According to what I have seen, the battery is not user replaceable but in calling a few dive shops in my area, they all want to send it to factory but will not provide a cost over phone (at least to whom I talked to). The cost of unit and the cost to replace the battery maybe over my price point for this unit.

Does the unit need to go to factory to replace the battery? What is the cost to replace battery?

If not, where may I get a battery?

Thx,

Timmy

The battery replacement on the Cobalt is actually quite easy, about like opening a camera housing. Atomic has always called it "dealer replaceable" because the battery is proprietary, available only from Atomic (custom connector), and it makes sense to check out other aspects of the computer if it is losing charge. That said, four years of being discharged would have been pretty tough on any lithium-ion battery and it may well need replacement. Ordinarily they should be good for 500+ charge/ discharge cycles, with about 40-50 hours of diving per charge. But storing discharged will greatly shorten their life.

Don't hold me to this, but I think the cost for Atomic to do this, and go over/ service the computer, was about $50. Contact Adan for service info and return authorization. adan.campos@huishoutdoors.com

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom