Clear Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh, BTW, fudged on the final OW cert. dates for the family. They'll be finishing up, not ready to tag along, so you can take two off the list. Oops.

Randy: Decatur, huh? Lynette and I are from that very same teeming metropolis and cultural center. Down by the museum.

Where have you guys been diving lately?

Everybody else: I can bring a couple of tarps, don't have a sunshade. If anybody needs 'em, I can also cart down a couple of extra chairs.

Mike, Tom, does either of you know if they've got picnic tables or something? If not, we might want a folding table.

Wouldn't count on picnic tables being there....The only thing I am assuming is there is water, dock, ladder to get out of water, and parking lot.

Sunshades can be gotten from Walmart for about $35.00. These are the "tarp & tent pole frame" style.

So, just in case I'll toss in a folding table. Make things a little easier for everybody.

Heh, as long as we're setting up shop, too bad nobody's got their own compressor...

This sounds like a party to me! :bounce:

I'll bring along a couple of extra chairs too. Those fold up canvass ones. I don't have a shade, but if needs be I'll get one.

Water is definitely a good idea!

Also, I don't question Bruce's being "in the know" on the compressor, but I'm still bringing 2 tanks with me. Plans tend to get a bit unravelled sometimes and I'd hate to be stuck without any air. If it's there we'll know for the next trip.

In the immortal words of Hannibal Smith.....
"I love it when a plan comes together"

Sounds like a winner yall. 6 definite and 3 still questionable. This is gonna be fun

Tom

Okay, folks. I gots some new information on the Mammoth Mudhole Mass Mosey this weekend. By chance we stopped into Grapevine Scuba in search of hooded vests. Turns out one of the owners is a longtime friend of the people running Clear Springs, and has been loaning out his shop staff on the weekends to get it ready. Got some good info as well as copies of the release forms and map which I will hand out at breakfast.

1 First and foremost, THEY HAVE AIR!! NitrOx too.

2 No real shade or tables, we'll definitely have to bring
our own.

3 Site fee is $15 per.

4 There is no running water yet.

They have several piers to dive off of, as well as a moored pontoon barge with a ramp to it from the shore. Ther are a couple of platforms, and at least one boat submerged.

The far side of the puddle isn't developed yet, but will be. It has trees and such, and will be the nicer area once they get to it.

Anybody know a local shop with hooded vests?

Thanks Corsair,

Filling a tank is cheaper than renting one so Michelle and I will carry one tank each and just get it filled. We will still need to rent her a wet suit. That is going to be a trick.

I wish I had the time and I'd offer to help clean, clear and just work out there in exchange for dive time and air, but I already have more than enough to do. I am beginning to understand why people buy huge houses on little bitty lots and don't want a yard.

Thanks again corsair

Tom

I hear ya. Rental can be a pain. You might try Grapevine (you're in Lewisville, right?) They do have rental suits, don't recall the prices, but they are reasonable. I know they've got a decent range of sizes, since they can fit Lynette, and she's size tiny. They're open till 7pm on weeknights. The website has a phone number, directions, etc. http://www.grapevinescuba.com They rent tanks as well.

Have you both tried 2Dive4 at I-35E & Royal? They have one of the larger selections of gear in their shop (where most have a small selection and will order).

Glad to hear Clear Springs has air and Nitrox.

Also going to use this trip to practice packing my gear for my Flower Gardens Boat trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom