Clear Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I found out about a new fresh water mud hole.:bounce: This one has a little depth to it, around 50'. Its a little outside of Terrell. It looks like oceans window is going to use it as their new training spot. Does anyone know anything about it? I have directions on how to get there. Thats all I have.

Tom

Check Diverlink for Campana's report...

Here

Does seem interesting....and somewhat closer than Athens....Hmmmmm...might be worth a scounting trip, eh?

Perhaps when Corsair is back from Flower Gardens?

We gots a new mud hole!!!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Its got depth, living critters, and vis.

Thanks Dee.. I really appreciate the report...your wonderful
=)

Mike... we gots to go. Michelle and I each have a tank. We each may have to rent another one so we can get some bottom time. Looks like fun

Tom

Texasmike and I are planning a trip to clear springs which is about 10 miles outside Terrell. (Kinda SE of Dallas)on the 30th. Check the link above for more info about the springs and check back here for directions. Throw in your hat(mask) if your interested.

Tom

Hiya Tom and Mike

Count me in for 2. The wife and I are definitely interested. What kind of time are you looking at getting there? Dinner plans, etc.?

Mike: Since you're just across the way in Denton, any chance of meeting up and caravanning?

We haven't really set a time, but I guess I can make an executive decision to say arrive at the site between 8:30 and 9:30. I'll remind Tom to post directions for those going straight there.

Site is still primative, so packing food/drink for yourself is a must. Dinner on the return trip is do-able, but we'll need to spot a place on the way out.

Caravanning is do-able as well, we could meet at the Albertsons/Luby's parking lot and go from there.

Times & directions to be posted later.

--Michael

Albertson's is on University, across from the Kmart? I'm not horribly familiar with Denton (spend most of my time in Dallas).

I havn't gotten home yet to post directions....but....

There is no air out there yet. I don't know if there is a dive shop close by where you can get air. Bring all the air you want/need. We can probably do dinner. I am always hungry after diving. I also saw from the link above here that thermalcline is really cold.

Tom

I'll do some poking around, see if I can find a shop in the Terrel area. Otherwise the closest I can think of is in Rockwall. I'll have to rent a couple of tanks, that's the one thing we ain't got yet...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom