Clear Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Disclaimer: I did not write these directions. I have not driven these directions so I have no idea how difficult they are to follow...

From Dallas:

take hwy 80 to Terrell. Stay on 80 and go thru Terrell proper. DO NOT TAKE I 20 bypass. Shortly after you get thru Terrell you will see a Texaco at 80 and 429N. Turn Left (north) and go 7 miles to Cedar Grove (346). Watch milage because the sign is small. Turn right (East) on Cedar Grove and go 1 mile to a steel gate on your left. Gate is easy to spot because it sits at a 45 degree angle to your view. There may be a sign up.

My wife and I each have one tank. We may both rent another one so we have enough air.

Tom

I'm thinking of renting tanks as well...probably 2. Until we know the lay of the land better, it's probably best to bring all the gear we need, including tanks.

And I remember reading about the thermocline. It will be interesting to experience the difference. If you have a hood (or at least a beanie) and gloves...bring them. When I dived Travis, having my head and ears covered definitely made a difference when we hit the 58 degree water at 40 feet.

Other gear to consider would be a light (at least your smaller backup) since we don't know what the vis will be at depth.

I also have a portable sunshade.

Corsair: Actually, I meant the one near the Mall (just south of Loop 288). Or since we need to collect Tom and his wife Michelle on the way south (they live east of Lewisville), we could meet in Lewisville.

Here's a thought...meet early (8:00?) at the Lewisville Golden Corral for breakfast. How's that? Or is there a better place?

8am, Golden Corral for breakfast sounds good to me.

Yeah, I know Lynette'll want a hood. Probably grab one for myself, too.

58 degrees, Mike? Whatcha complainin' about? We certified in 54 degrees at Athens! Boy was that cold...Lynette was pretty near hypothermia at the end of the first day. Took a good hot soak and meal to warm her back up. She almost didn't want to go back for the last couple of dives. She's real glad she did, though!

I got a first hand report about Terrell today from a nice lady at Oceans Window dive shop.

She said they went their last week. Size is about 1.75 to twice size of Athens. Vis is comperable, but still less than 12 feet. There are critters. Her max depth was 52'. And there were two thermoclines that they noticed. first was at 20' with temp in low 70's upper 60's, second was about 40' with temp of 63.

Site is still very primative, no LDS, so bring all the tanks you want to dive with. There are plans to obtain a portable compressor for on site fills.

She also dispelled the rumor that Ocean's Window was considering purchasing The Oasis. According to her, that was the first time she (and the manager on duty) had heard that.

CORSAIR!!! If you haven't booked your FG trip yet, there are spots left open on the trip I'm going on with the Finz. (July 4-7, return to Dallas on 7th). E-mail me if you are interested.

Also, my PK plans just fizzled (gotta work Saturday ;-0). So perhaps we'uns can do a quick dip at The Oasis Saturday/Sunday?

Already booked it, besides I'll be in northern Ohio that weekend, otherwise I'd jump all over it.

I read something on D2D about airfills at a liquor store. I remember some of the martini jokes that followed but not the name of the place.

Lewisville by 8:00 sounds do-able. Hopefully I'll see y'all this weekend at PK - it'll make finding ya in a restaurant easier.

Okay...let me list off who's going so far to make sure we got everyone....

Myself
Tom & Michelle
Corsair & Lynette (funny how we know HER name and not his :p)
Texass

Did I forget anyone?

One quick thought about the air fills at the liquor store....

Until I see something that says that they have the right certs, training, equipment, and maintenance, I'm not so sure I want to suck their air.

It looks like its gonna be a fun trip. Mike... Michelle and I could do the Oasis sunday if we can secure a sitter...I also said earlier that there was no way Oceans Window was gonna buy that place.... and you dork :bonk: how come you come to Plano and don't call me....

Where is the golden corrall in Lewisville?

Tom

I called OW in Plano....someone on this board mentioned a certain bag that they carried, so that's why I called them.

Let me know as soon as you know about Sunday.

Golden Corral is just north of Main Street (1171) by the Sams/Walmart/Whataburger.

And we're still on for Friday 29th, right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom