Clear Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bummer you can't make it to PK this weekend Mike. I hate the way earning a living interferes with actually living. I guess you won't be there either, Tom. Oh well, I'll just have to wait for Lewissville to meet you guys. I'll be sure I wear some kind of diving parphenalia, so just look for someone who sticks out like a sore thumb!! (and if it aint me our group will grow some more)

Gotta agree with y'all on the liquor store air. I'm bringing 2 tanks, mine & my buddy's. Let me know if you're going to up the ante to a 3 tank dive so I can pop round to the LDS and rent one.

I was kicking around the idea of 3 tanks, but wasn't sure if anyone else was game....but I think I'll stick with 2 for now.

Hmmm...I keep this rental thing up, I'd better think about investing in my own tank (or 2).

Geez...why didn't my instructor warn me that this sport requires a 2nd mortgage worth of gear? :loopy:

2nd mortgage is pretty much right on the money. We just finished our first MAJOR gear buying spree. Suits, BCs, regs, lights, new fins, and the like. My credit card company is really loving us right now ;-0

Ya know, I didn't even think about giving you her name & not mine. Guess I oughta do that....

Name's BJ.

Sorry Texass.... I'm going fly fishing with my father-in law. This is a trip I have been looking forward to for awhile. My wife works most saturdays and we have a 20mo old daughter so getting clear on a weekend is tough. We either have to find a sitter or find a way to take her with us. There is a slim chance my wife won't dive with us at Clear Springs. We will just have to see what happens when the time comes.

Two tanks is plenty for me. We could consider 3 on a later trip. This sounds fun :D

Tom

We could just rig some inner tubes on Diedre's playpen and tow her around on the surface like a dive float.....

Or perhaps Corsair's wife might volunteer to watch her once so Michelle can get wet.

She just might. Lynette likes kids. I wouldn't be surprised if she wants to sit out for a while after the first dive. It sounds like the water isn't particularly warm, especially under the thermoclines. She just doesn't retain heat, at all.

We have a sitter for the 30th no problem. Grandparents are great that way. We just don't want to wear them out. Lynette sounds like me. Little to no natural thermal insulation so she gets cold easy. Thats why I am always in a wet suit. The first t-cline isn't too bad. That second one is tough.

Tom

That's about right. Lack of natural insulation is a bummer that way....She can't wear a full suit, she won't dive.

So no diving "commando" style??? damn! <<evil laugh>>

"That last thermocline was rough...when I started the dive, I was a normal male...when I got finished, it looked like I had a 2nd belly button (an 'innie')."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom