Chrome Polish a Metal Second Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello divers. This tread has nothing to do with diving but how to keep a chrome metal regulator looking new. I am currently doing divemaster course and using a A700 second stage, the front faceplate have some minor scratches. I have been using chrome polish, it seems to work okay. How do you guys keep a chrome reg looking like new? :wink: thanks
A couple of these are pretty inexpensive and protect the regulators when in the bag or traveling. A bit of Mothers Polish and a micro cloth to make them pretty again.
Screenshot (39).png

My chrome regs have held up pretty well. I'll take some Generic autobody chrome polish to them every few years but that is about it.

Original Conshelf XII
WWQXoa.jpg

Original Voit Polaris
UXLnTR.jpg

Of course, you can always re-chrome anytime you want. I take my reg re-chroming projects to a local mom & pop motorcycle repair shop.

Re-chromed Voit Navy
dyyrKM.jpg

Re-chromed RAM
7QALBz.jpg

Now you're just rubbing it in, twice😂

"This like new 156 I just got from a friend, I plan to dive it in Cozumel in a few weeks:"

Now you're just rubbing it in, twice😂

"This like new 156 I just got from a friend, I plan to dive it in Cozumel in a few weeks:"

Ha! Of course I am.

Back
Top Bottom