¡Christmas Norte!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Positive news is that the front slightly slowed and provided the Port Captain did not leave town and canned the messages, it looks like tomorrow afternoon it may remain open. Wind speed looks good until around 6PM. After that it does not look good till 'Maybe' Wednesday or possibly next Thursday .
1671756127018.png

1671756189046.png

Cenotes for Christmas?

It looks like a nice night there. It's 7°F where I am. Some town streets may flood this weekend with the rains expected.

1671758010378.png

We got 10 dives in so far, if I have to sit out a few days, I’ll just consume more tequila and eat massive amounts of tacos…bring it on! Oh, and I’m in search of a gym with spin bikes if anyone knows of a good one in town?

Here it is, from the port Captain:

*Good evening to the entire Cozumel Maritime community.* *Tomorrow, Friday, December 23, due to a forecast of the impact of Cold Front number 19, navigation will be closed for small boats and for all recreational aquatic activities and fishing, starting at 3:00 p.m.* The forecasts indicate strong winds from the North for the afternoon and evening with speeds above 25 KM/HR, and they will continue to blow even more strongly on the 24th and part of the 25th. All Nautical Tourism service providers, as well as individuals, are requested that, after 3:00 p.m., all boats are sheltered in their respective docks, and that they are not at sea. The foregoing as a preventive measure to safeguard human life at sea. They are reminded that non-compliance with the provisions issued by this Maritime Authority, especially in matters of procedures to safeguard human life at sea, can generate sanctions that can hurt the economy of their activities.

Also the next few days are going to be cold by Cozumel standards. Lows around 66-8 and highs around 75-9. That is going to make the SI cold when the port opens (Hopfully) on Monday.

Four inches of rain expected over the weekend. 🤿

It JUST arrived. Dark clouds, winds and a drop in temp. But the beers are cold!

But honestly I’d rather be here than stuck at home which is currently snowing with dropping temps (all related?).

Diving can wait.

I'm in rural south Ottawa & it has changed from rain to blowing snow as the temp drops big time. The snow is going sideways & from the noon news the GTA is NOT a nice place to be & the airport is an even worse place to be.

I'm in rural south Ottawa & it has changed from rain to blowing snow as the temp drops big time. The snow is going sideways & from the noon news the GTA is NOT a nice place to be & the airport is an even worse place to be.
But the YYZ-CUN time was on time yesterday!!! Ours last week was 2.5hrs late for some reason….?

Back
Top Bottom