Norte vs tropical storm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The predicted track has been shifting west and as of this morning it's on the same track as Gamma. 36 hours from Cozumel but each update moves the track.
upload_2020-10-25_7-37-22.png

So what happens when a norte hits a trop storm?
And now we have your answer! Zeta rode the norther south for a few hours, then corrected it's expected course so that it's currently aiming for a direct hit on the island. Not expected to get a hurricane, but heavy rains and neighborhood flooding are possible.

upload_2020-10-25_12-39-54.png

A direct hit at the high side of a TS may be worse than Gamma's slight miss to the north. Today has been a beautiful day but clouds are forming to the east.
Screenshot_20201025-142337.png

Yeah. Now the NHC is saying it will be a hurricane when it gets to the Yucatan.

That zig-zag it did today fighting the north front is very unusual. Now expected to make hurricane tomorrow, hit the island tomorrow night.

upload_2020-10-25_19-16-56.png

Yeah. Now the NHC is saying it will be a hurricane when it gets to the Yucatan.
Cat 1 projected mid-day tomorrow about half way to Cozumel. Personally I do not like how it keeps getting upgraded with each update but the track is settling down to straight on Cozumel, if it does shift a little west I would think that would put the worst over the mid-island. At this rate it would be a strong cat 1 or weak 2, the island does not need this, I think Gamma may have bred complacency. A lot of effort went into standing down from Gamma over the last week and I sense a hesitancy to put the plywood backup and hunker down. This morning the consensuses was this will only be a rain event. At least at the Paradise pier the boards are still pulled and the Palapa is still stripped.
upload_2020-10-25_20-58-27.png

Stay safe y’all :facepalm:

I watch a couple of Cozumel groups on FB and no one is talking about the hurricane hitting there tomorrow. Do they not know?

upload_2020-10-25_22-13-41.png

Back
Top Bottom