Norte coming Nov 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looking at Windguru, it seems there's another Norte showing up a week Monday. Seems like it's been a bad few weeks for blowing bubbles on la isla :(

Did you find a direct AUS <> CZM flight?
Yes sir, at least on the Saturday flight down. The non stops on AA are only on Saturdays. We only did 5 days this trip and our return was through DFW.

Yes sir, at least on the Saturday flight down. The non stops on AA are only on Saturdays. We only did 5 days this trip and our return was through DFW.
Did you wave at Austin as you flew over it on the way back? :D

Looking at Windguru, it seems there's another Norte showing up a week Monday. Seems like it's been a bad few weeks for blowing bubbles on la isla :(
That is too far out to predict. Look for a Cold front pushing through Kansas to Texas. If high North winds from cold front push off Galveston (Thanks Dave) than good possibility it may hit Cozumel a few days later. Like any forcast, 3 days is pretty acurate. 10 days is just a guess.
However, if ports are closed tomorrow their may be :angrymob: in front of Port Capitan's office.
:funny:

That is too far out to predict. Look for a Cold front pushing through Kansas to Texas.
True, but I'd hedge any bets against it. It's expected to pass thru the Texas Panhandle Thursday, November 9, altho not expected to be severe. Windguru expects it to start arriving on the island Saturday, the 11th, then hit harder Monday thru Wednesday. Just bad fall weather. I'm glad I am not out in a cotton wagon tromping like I did as a kid around 1960.
However, if ports are closed tomorrow their may be :angrymob: in front of Port Capitan's office.
It doesn't look good on Windguru. We need to change the thread title.

1699137145389.png

It doesn't look good on Windguru. We need to change the thread title.
Just remove 1-3!
Norte comming Nov 2023!
That should cover it.
Cannot change the yitle, too old.

That is too far out to predict. Look for a Cold front pushing through Kansas to Texas. If high North winds from cold front push off Galveston (Thanks Dave) than good possibility it may hit Cozumel a few days later. Like any forcast, 3 days is pretty acurate. 10 days is just a guess.
Weather predictions these days are a bit better than a guess; I use Wunderground Austin, TX 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground for weather prediction in Austin, and I have found it to be pretty reliable. Precise timing and temperatures are revised as whatever is predicted gets closer, but even 10 days out the predictions have been really good for planning. The cold front that came through here and got to Cozumel last week was accurately predicted 10 days in advance. It also accurately predicted the Snowpocalypse of 2021 ten days in advance.

Just remove 1-3!
Norte comming Nov 2023!
That should cover it.
Cannot change the yitle, too old.
It seems a Mod changed it, but Nov 23 looks like an 18 day forecast. I'll suggest a change.

Edit: Changed.

Weather predictions these days are a bit better than a guess; I use Wunderground Austin, TX 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground for weather prediction in Austin, and I have found it to be pretty reliable. Precise timing and temperatures are revised as whatever is predicted gets closer, but even 10 days out the predictions have been really good for planning. The cold front that came through here and got to Cozumel last week was accurately predicted 10 days in advance. It also accurately predicted the Snowpocalypse of 2021 ten days in advance.
I was referring to Windguru prediction for week from Monday. No Big cold front pushing through midwest (Kansas to Oklahoma down to Texas) this week. Yes a bit of noth wind but not the cold front. It probably won't make it to Cozumel but if it does it will be short lived (1day). It is that big cold front high North winds that May make it down and form a true persistent Norte.

Looking at windguru cozumel this min, the wind shift is breaking down on 21st.

Windguru is a great tool but don't look too far ahead.

I also like
To help visualize weather patterns.

Ggunn has some good advise also.

Back
Top Bottom