Norte coming Nov 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's 40 feet and larger allowed out when permissible. Most of the dive boats are around 30 feet.
That's the number I normally hear, too, but the harbor master's notice quoted in post #25 said that this time the port was closed to vessels of less than 24 meters (~80 feet) in length. That would mean that only ferries and oligarchs' yachts could be out.

Looking at this hours Windguru, I would suspect the port may open this afternoon but should open tomorrow.

Port remains closed, calm now but expected to build later this morning and afternoon. Doubtful it will open any time soon

Don't worry folks, I'm heading there Sunday and I'll get this mess sorted out!

j/k, sorry you all are missing some diving days. Been there, done that! It sucks.

Anyone have their recorded water temps handy from the past 2-3-4 days?
We dove the 29-31st and our Peregrines all said 86. Luckily we left the day the winds came in, although our flight to Austin was delayed a couple hours. Diving was excellent with the Blue Angel. Cedral was the money shot this trip, On Monday we were treated to 5 Sharks, 3 Nurse 2 Blacktips, A large Seahorse out in the open, 2 Monster size Parrot Fish, Blennies and Jawfish, along with all the usual guy's and girls. Definitely sad to see the bleaching coral.

We dove the 29-31st and our Peregrines all said 86. Luckily we left the day the winds came in, although our flight to Austin was delayed a couple hours.
Did you find a direct AUS <> CZM flight?

Wind appears to have shifted east, fingers crossed, awaiting the port captain's broadcast.
IMG20231104073637.jpg
IMG20231104073633.jpg

Back
Top Bottom