Norte coming Nov 2023

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pleasant surprise but the forecast appears to shifting to more easterly winds, fingers crossed.
Then again it is my vacation, so it may be false hope.

Pleasant surprise but the forecast appears to shifting to more easterly winds, fingers crossed.
Then again it is my vacation, so it may be false hope.
The north wind has been blowing like a banshee here in Austin for most of the day today (11/29).

The north wind has been blowing like a banshee here in Austin for most of the day today (11/29).
As it is at my house in Lewisville. After more than 10 inches of rain and temps in the 90's over the last week it is currently 42F.
Meanwhile in Cozumel it is cool pleasant day. Low humidity and mid 80's. Goldilocks weather currently.

Weather Underground is not very optimistic: Cozumel, Mexico 10-Day Weather Forecast | Weather Underground

Winds are expected to start looking bad Wednesday with the direction lined up on the channel. Of course, that's several days out so it could go either way...
1698621248102.png

Don't pi$$ on my parade, I'm going with the marina Captain's consensus 😉
I am also going to win the lottery and retire.
Blind optimism beats reality.
The "norte" came thru Galveston at midnight last night. Typical "norte" with sharp change of temp and some rain. Today bitter cold in the wind. My guess late Tuesday or Wednesday for Cozumel

Dave

High today in Lubbock was 48F, colder to the north, so enjoy your sweaty Cozumel if there. Feels like 97F...!

1698699764840.png

High today in Lubbock was 48F, colder to the north, so enjoy your sweaty Cozumel if there. Feels like 97F...!
It was snowing in Killeen and Lampasas this morning

1698772851728.png

The gusts are strong but the direction bodes well for diving being open (at least in my experiences) but some of the southern sites might be closed (from Palancar south). Will be interesting to see how it plays out once it arrives. Two weeks ago the wind was similar strength and as long as it was coming from NNE or further east the port was open. It seemed like a true north or a NNW were the slam dunks for a port closure. Hoping for the best for you!!!! Windguru seems to the the most accurate predictor I've found.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom