Christian Divers in Fort Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckHunter:
By the way, if you are assuming that since I have objected to this that I am of a non-christian religion you would be wrong.

:wink: me too! Born and raised Southern Baptist!

vanshook:
ROFL, you know what they say-the best friend to have is one with a boat...

Good I am glad you did not read into my post too much. It was meant in the spirit you took it in just as your post was meant in a good natured way. I re-read your post a few times and you would actually have to try really hard to take offense. I dive with guys and gals in my general age group who share similar interest. Stop defending yourself you said nothing wrong.

Sincerely
A Heathen

If I, like Van, wanted to come to an area I had not been in and dive with people who share certain common beliefs outside of diving, how would I enquire to meet such people?? If I ask, I get flamed because I am perceived a certain way and if I don't, when I finally meet up with those whom I contact with though this board, I may find that their character, beliefs or attitudes are not real compatible with mine and I would not have had as good as time as I might have.

I will dive with pretty much anyone, but there are still beliefs, attitudes, etc. that would make me want to hang around or get to know some divers more than others. That is just a fact with most all of us. We all like to hang around people who share beliefs, hobbies (including diving) and other activites which are common to us.

I am hoping this makes some sense, because I have wanted to inquire the same as Van when I had some travel to new area, but didn't because I did not want to start the exact conversation that has happened here.

Jeff

This is a most interesting thread. I am glad (as a mod) to see it being kept civil, as those that have been around the board a while know these types tend to get heated.

( I can appreciate the tentativenesses of asking for a specific group to dive with, however....)

Now, as a human being, and a Conch diver, I am starting to think this group is more special and unique than other groups. Not only are we dive buddies, but we are friends. We range in our beliefs from conservative Christian to Jewish to pagan. Our incomes range from $500k/year to food stamps, and our education is just as varied. We like horses, guns, swords, Renaissance, reading, watching TV, (Scuba Diving is a given), tattoos, same sex partners, jeeps, camping, studying the bible, kids, pets, football, hockey, plants............and that is just off the top of my head.

We arrived here from places all over the United States and other countries. We are white, black, Indian, European, Caribbean, and Heinz 57. We dive beach, boats, wrecks, trimix, wetsuit, drysuit, and speedos. ( :D) Our skin, eye and hair colors range from very fair to very dark.

We are human. (some a bit nuttier than others)

We dive, eat, sleep, laugh and cry together. All are welcome.

We are the Conch Divers.

Scuba_Jenny:
This is a most interesting thread. I am glad (as a mod) to see it being kept civil, as those that have been around the board a while know these types tend to get heated.

( I can appreciate the tentativenesses of asking for a specific group to dive with, however....)

Now, as a human being, and a Conch diver, I am starting to think this group is more special and unique than other groups. Not only are we dive buddies, but we are friends. We range in our beliefs from conservative Christian to Jewish to pagan. Our incomes range from $500k/year to food stamps, and our education is just as varied. We like horses, guns, swords, Renaissance, reading, watching TV, (Scuba Diving is a given), tattoos, same sex partners, jeeps, camping, studying the bible, kids, pets, football, hockey, plants............and that is just off the top of my head.

We arrived here from places all over the United States and other countries. We are white, black, Indian, European, Caribbean, and Heinz 57. We dive beach, boats, wrecks, trimix, wetsuit, drysuit, and speedos. ( :D) Our skin, eye and hair colors range from very fair to very dark.

We are the Conch Divers.

Hmm.. from another thread (megadive 05 I think)

We are the Conch....

You will be assimilated :D

It was something like that....

(probably in trouble again for plagiarizing)

Jeff

<sniff> You brought a tear to my eye, jennie.

I've been deliberately not posting in this thread, but I just had to respond to this.

Scuba_Jenny:

We are the Conch Divers.

Thank you Jenny. That's how I like to think of myself.

Additionally, then, is by finding lots of dive buddies, not only do you always have a good chance of having someone to dive with, you will also eventually run into the kind of buddies you are specifically looking for, and then possibly become closer with those who were part of your original criteria. Meanwhile, you've also learned something new from those who were not part of it.

Hey uh, er, Jenny - that checklist for Conch Divers - some of that stuff is optional, right?

Uh, yeah Tom. Something you would like me to add perhaps?

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom