Christian Divers in Fort Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Van,
Everything you read about these people is true I never got to meet them due to the dive being canceled due to weather. but with out ever meeting me they were willing to include me in a dive, go pick up some tanks that would be needed. Gave me directions and one person even offered another person who was coming in from out of town a couch to sleep on. these are really great people. You should give them a chance. I know I will be in Florida again soon and I will be contacting these people again to hook up with them for a dive or three. And Van I will even Dive with you if your available. And of course any of the conch divers ever make it up to the great lakes area contact us on our Forum and we will return the hospitallity to you as well. Even though now I think about it why would you want to give up 80 deg water with 80 ft vis to dive in 40 deg water with 20ft vis. but hey just in case the Great lakes wrecking crew will be there for you.

gtxl1200
Ted an open minded diver.

The Dive Master is my leader; I shall not want. 2 She maketh me to kneel down in sandy patches: She leadeth me beside the still waters. 3 She restoreth my soul: She leadeth me in the currents of traqulity for Neptunes name's sake. 4 Yea, though I swim through the valley of the shadow of bullsharks, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy speargun and thy powerhead they comfort me. 5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies:(you know who you are) thou anointest my head with neoprene; my rum cup runneth over. 6 Surely long bottom times and awesome visiability shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the Oceans of the Earth for ever.

Rethinking this whole go to church thing.. is there a church of Neptune?

No, but water is a major subject in Christianity. (sorry if that doesn't sound quite right, am at a loss for words on what exactly I am trying to convey.)
Jesus turning water into wine
Baptizing with water
Moses parting the sea
Jesus walks on water

ok, here's a (bad) Christian joke:

why did Peter deny Jesus three times?

because Jesus healed his mother in law

Vanshook, I can see nothing wrong with you wanting to dive with other christans. Just remember that the Christan mission is for non-christians. Jesus fellowshipped with Publicans and Sinners.

Baited Storm, I'm 1/8 Choctaw. Does that classify as American Indian.

Jenny, Marvel, Andy, and all the other Counch I too would love to come to Florida and dive with ya'll. Maybe some day this will be possible. We used to visit Pensacola every summer until last year. The hurricanes destroyed the beach house on the beach we were renting for a week for the past 18 years. This year we'll go cruising, at least I will get to dive Cozumel and Belize.

Ya'll seem like a great bunch of folks.

fmw625:
Vanshook, I can see nothing wrong with you wanting to dive with other christans. Just remember that the Christan mission is for non-christians. Jesus fellowshipped with Publicans and Sinners.

Baited Storm, I'm 1/8 Choctaw. Does that classify as American Indian.

Jenny, Marvel, Andy, and all the other Counch I too would love to come to Florida and dive with ya'll. Maybe some day this will be possible. We used to visit Pensacola every summer until last year. The hurricanes destroyed the beach house on the beach we were renting for a week for the past 18 years. This year we'll go cruising, at least I will get to dive Cozumel and Belize.

Ya'll seem like a great bunch of folks.

This is an intriguing post. Publicans - is this Aramaic for bar owners? Bar owners and sinners might not make great dive people, but wow, they would be fun to visit in Key West.
The 1/8 Choctaw stuff - in Hawaiian terms, you could vote in the OHA Hawaiian elections but you could not qualify for Hawaiian Homestead lands withough 50% Hawaiian ancestry. Might apply to you guys since the Nations provided a lot of the legal framework for the legal Hawaiians.
Cruising Cozumel and Belize how? In a small boat, you might have some problems with the tennage coastal patrols. I'm sailing though St. Vincent and St. Lucia this summer - much mellower and fewer kids with machine guns.

oh, a publican was something much worse. it was actually a government tax
collector.

something like a combo lawyer/IRS agent (hi... i'm a publican... and i am here to
*help* you!)

ya know, when I first read your post vanshook, I thought you were a real P.I.T.A., but I'm thinking, MAN was I wrong! your actually a pretty cool guy and definetly someone I wouldn't mind getting to know.. Not that what I think matters, but for what it's worth, you certainly will fit right in with the Conchs'

baitedstorm:
ya know, when I first read your post vanshook, I thought you were a real P.I.T.A., but I'm thinking, MAN was I wrong! your actually a pretty cool guy and definetly someone I wouldn't mind getting to know.. Not that what I think matters, but for what it's worth, you certainly will fit right in with the Conchs'

Yeah, they even put up with me, JS... Oh, wait- could it be because of my LOCATION????? :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom