Christian Divers in Fort Lauderdale?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeeez... if the guy wants to dive with other Christian divers, what's the big deal?

i probably wouldn't want to dive with him anyway if he insists on reading Psalm 119
before each dive :eyebrow:

plus the dude has explained that he'd dive with anyone, he just wants to meet
Christian divers in the area

it's like saying "Hey, I want to meet some Harley riders in the area to dive with"

people get offended way to quickly these days, imho

Scuba_Jenny:
We dive, eat, sleep, laugh and cry together. All are welcome.

oh yeah? so how come every time i show up in Atlanta for the monthly meeting you
guys told me about no one else ever comes???

Scuba_Jenny:
This is a most interesting thread. I am glad (as a mod) to see it being kept civil, as those that have been around the board a while know these types tend to get heated.

( I can appreciate the tentativenesses of asking for a specific group to dive with, however....)

Now, as a human being, and a Conch diver, I am starting to think this group is more special and unique than other groups. Not only are we dive buddies, but we are friends. We range in our beliefs from conservative Christian to Jewish to pagan. Our incomes range from $500k/year to food stamps, and our education is just as varied. We like horses, guns, swords, Renaissance, reading, watching TV, (Scuba Diving is a given), tattoos, same sex partners, jeeps, camping, studying the bible, kids, pets, football, hockey, plants............and that is just off the top of my head.

We arrived here from places all over the United States and other countries. We are white, black, Indian, European, Caribbean, and Heinz 57. We dive beach, boats, wrecks, trimix, wetsuit, drysuit, and speedos. ( :D) Our skin, eye and hair colors range from very fair to very dark.

We are human. (some a bit nuttier than others)

We dive, eat, sleep, laugh and cry together. All are welcome.

We are the Conch Divers.

:07: Very seldom does someone say something that truly touches my heart. Jenny, this is exactly the thing I needed to read after the horrible day I had. Y'all are my family, God knows I spend more time with y'all then the people I share DNA with. The only point I wanted to make to the author of this thread was, don't be so quick to sell us short, any of us. I think about some of the peolpe I've met in my life and along the way I've seen non-believers become saved. I can't help but to think your post was just a little self centered, as a Christian, you know better than to be so callus.

What if I had come online and said I was new to the area and would like to find other divers to dive with that shared my belief in worshiping the devil. I'm guessing my thread would have lasted for only a short while. Something to ponder, why do you think that would be?

Here's the deal, if you need a dive buddy, I will dive with you. I'll even bow my head with respect should you opt to pray. What I wont tolerate is any snubbing of my family here on SB that don't not share our belief. I'm thinking, if you can handle that, then you've just landed yourself a ton of new buddies.

H2Andy:
oh yeah? so how come every time i show up in Atlanta for the monthly meeting you
guys told me about no one else ever comes???

Andy,

That's almost as bad as me trying to go to the Paranoids Anonymous meeting. They wouldn[t tell me where it was!!! :11:

Rob

P.S.---I agree with your point that the poor man was just trying to meet like minded folk for some diving, which is simply an idea akin to the Christian Bikers, and any other religiously-minded sports group.

R

H2Andy:
i probably wouldn't want to dive with him anyway if he insists on reading Psalm 119
before each dive :eyebrow:

For those who don't know, Psalm 119 is the LONGEST chapter of any book of the Bible. a couple other interesting facts about the Bible, Psalm 117 is the SHORTEST chapter in the Bible, and Psalm 118 is the exact middle chapter of the Bible!

I did not set out to start such a heated debate; but in the end I am glad. Some were touched, some angered <offended> but we all got a better understanding of each other.

I am not going to belabor the point. I don’t know any of you, but I can tell that you consider each other as friends. I think that is great. Maybe we will meet someday and find that, as someone said, “we are all the same down there”.

JS

vanshook:
I did not set out to start such a heated debate; but in the end I am glad. Some were touched, some angered <offended> but we all got a better understanding of each other.

I am not going to belabor the point. I don’t know any of you, but I can tell that you consider each other as friends. I think that is great. Maybe we will meet someday and find that, as someone said, “we are all the same down there”.

JS

You're off to a great start! And again, welcome. Now about that boat..... :D

vanshook:
I find that, as someone said, “we are all the same down there”.

ok.... well.... we need to have a talk about these things called "birds" and some other
things called "bees"

we're not all (fortunately) the same down there :eyebrow:

Andy, Andy, Andy, sheesh. Do we have to explain everything to you?? I believe he was talking about "down there" as underwater. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom